Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ESTA Address

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 6:16 am
Original Poster

ESTA Address

hi, We had ESTA's for the US which we used last year March (2013) to visit New York as a family. The addresses in the ESTA were for a New York apartment. There were no issues travelling. We are now travelling to Orlando in December 2014. Can someone advise if I need to update our ESTA's with the address of the Orlando hotels ? I am assuming that the ESTA will expire in March 2015.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:29 am

Yes, I would change it.

When you go through Immigration showing your boarding pass to Orlando, the IO will question why you have a New York address on your ESTA. It could even lead to you being secondary questioned.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: QFF
There is no requirement to have an address on the ESTA. It is a hold over from the old I-94W paper form. The address is needed by CBP, but they will get that from APIS data sent from the airline.

You just need the address in the APIS data to match the address on the customs form which you get in flight.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
I've been to the US several times since applying for my ESTA.

I've never updated my address and never had an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.