Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More TSA Fun

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 3:24 am
Original Poster

More TSA Fun

Got the "$11,000 fine but we're letting you off with a warning letter". Then today I go to Pre-Che k and get the old one beep and "you're not Pre-Check". Since I saw a guy walking out of the lane as I was walking in, I'm going to assume they decided to amp up their "random" throw-you-out-of-Pre-Check-and-make-sure-you're-really-not-a-terrorist-dog-and-pony-show.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by sunnyjl
Got the "$11,000 fine but we're letting you off with a warning letter". Then today I go to Pre-Che k and get the old one beep and "you're not Pre-Check". Since I saw a guy walking out of the lane as I was walking in, I'm going to assume they decided to amp up their "random" throw-you-out-of-Pre-Check-and-make-sure-you're-really-not-a-terrorist-dog-and-pony-show.
Most interesting. I wonder if they are backtracking on fines because people are fighting them, negotiating to get them reduced or just ignoring the fine. What was the fine for - interfering with the screening process?

Yes, I too would assume that you've lost your PreCheck "privilege." Are you in any other TT programs? If so, have you lost those also?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
It would appear that there's an SSI process for punishing TT'ers by suspending or outright revoking TT privileges without warning or any semblance of due process.

There have been recent accounts of people whose TT status has been temporarily suspended because the traveler went to Turkey, for example - travel that not only resulted in suspension of TT privileges, it generated an SSSS.

I wonder if opt-outs will eventually be similarly punished with a loss of privileges. I think it's almost certain that any interaction at the checkpoint that results in a 'report' will affect TT status.

I haven't heard of a warning letters being issued, but that's essentially what I was threatened with when my nitro pills were confiscated. The suits took all my info, told me a report would be made and that if there was ever a future incident, I would be severely punished.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
It would appear that there's an SSI process for punishing TT'ers by suspending or outright revoking TT privileges without warning or any semblance of due process.
It's all about the Party and the Nomenklatura, Comrade.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: Delta, United
I'd make a copy of it along with a an explanation of the incident to your congress critters and thank them for voting on wastefully funding of the TSA.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
I'd make a copy of it along with a an explanation of the incident to your congress critters and thank them for voting on wastefully funding of the TSA.
That's exactly what I'm going to do. So glad our taxes are going to the war on the "bad guys". I went through security again this afternoon for my flight home, and no Pre-Check. The words I want to use are not allowed on this forum. All because I refused their sexual assault.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:22 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Send a protest letter to the Ombudsman, especially if you can get a civil rights lawyer to do so. It takes some time, but they will listen.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Sounds like OP has lost his pre-check. Also sounds like he did not contest the proposed violation finding because DHS offered him a suspended fine. If that's the case, it explains the loss of pre-check.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
What was the fine for, if you don't mind me asking?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by adambrock
What was the fine for, if you don't mind me asking?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...d-airport.html
Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Refusing their proposed sexual assault. They wanted to take me to a private room, disrobe, and probe my private parts. I offered to do it with a cop present or in public, but they refused those offers. I am contacting a civil rights attorney Monday...not to get my Pre-Check back necessarily but to have on retainer should the need arise. Honestly Pre-Check has not been all that useful anyway...it's not much faster and half the time I end up shoeless and jacket less anyway. I'm annoyed about the scanner but I can always opt-out.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:45 am

Refusing their proposed sexual assault. They wanted to take me to a private room, disrobe, and probe my private parts. I offered to do it with a cop present or in public, but they refused those offers. I am contacting a civil rights attorney Monday...not to get my Pre-Check back necessarily but to have on retainer should the need arise. Honestly Pre-Check has not been all that useful anyway...it's not much faster and half the time I end up shoeless and jacket less anyway. I'm annoyed about the scanner but I can always opt-out.
I'd like to know what the specific "charge" was:

Refusing to be screened
Interference with the screening process
or
????
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
OP is a troublemaker. I hope they do get removed from all TT programs. This is an entirely reasonable action for TSA/CBP to take.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 5:26 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
OP is a troublemaker. I hope they do get removed from all TT programs. This is an entirely reasonable action for TSA/CBP to take.
It's not a reasonable action at all. The OP isn't a "troublemaker". The OP is a hero. If you think people should be branded as "troublemakers" and punished for refusing to be sexually assaulted, please feel free to move to a country more in line with your beliefs, say North Korea. People who enjoy interfering with others' freedom of movement will fit right in there. Lots-o-sexual assaults in their infamous gulags, too. Party time, eh Comrade?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
It's not a reasonable action at all. The OP isn't a "troublemaker". The OP is a hero. If you think people should be branded as "troublemakers" and punished for refusing to be sexually assaulted, please feel free to move to a country more in line with your beliefs, say North Korea. People who enjoy interfering with others' freedom of movement will fit right in there. Lots-o-sexual assaults in their infamous gulags, too. Party time, eh Comrade?
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.