Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Passenger Ejected From Flight Over Notebook Doodles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium

Over the weekend, a Tiger Airways passenger, Oliver Buckworth, was removed from a flight after another passenger noticed that he was doodling and writing in a notebook satirizing the current threat of terrorism and altered a crew member.

In his notebook can be seen written... "In a land of melting ice-creams, sandy feet and fluffy bears, how could anyone be fearful of terrorism", "Terrorismadeup", and "Tyrannosaurus Rex. Terodactyl. Tarantula. Terrorist."

After being interviewed and undergoing a background check, Mr. Buckworth was released.

He has been blacklisted by Tiger Air though. An airline representative said that "Tigerair has a zero-tolerance policy towards inappropriate and antisocial behaviour."

http://www.smh.com.au/national/passe...20-10jrhs.html
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:14 am

I am so tired of this nonsense.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
I had always thought the average Aussie was calmer and more level-headed than us paranoid scaredy-pants Yanks, but apparently... I was wrong.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WillCAD
I had always thought the average Aussie was calmer and more level-headed than us paranoid scaredy-pants Yanks, but apparently... I was wrong.
After the Aussie man took his young boys to an IS(IS/IL) traiing camp and posted pictures of his 8 yo holding a decapitated human head, Australians are probably a bit sensitive to this sort of thing.

That said, the outcome is ridiculous. ISIS t-shirts! Satirical drawings! Political cartoonists beware!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:24 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
The thought police will be coming soon.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
The thought police will be coming soon.
I thought they were here already masquerading as BDO's.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by petaluma1
I thought they were here already masquerading as BDO's.
Please... BDOs can't even detect any thoughts in their OWN heads, much less anyone else's.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SM
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
After the Aussie man took his young boys to an IS(IS/IL) traiing camp and posted pictures of his 8 yo holding a decapitated human head, Australians are probably a bit sensitive to this sort of thing.
Yes, because writing words on a piece of paper is the same as decapitating humans with your 8-year-old.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:07 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I had no plans to fly Tiger and now I never will.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: IHG
It sounds as if Oliver Buckworth got the attention he was craving.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by turner32
It sounds as if Oliver Buckworth got the attention he was craving.
Really? I scoured the linked article for any indication that he was desiring attention and came up with nothing. Can you disseminate the part of the article which indicates otherwise? Or maybe you have a link to a different article that you can post here.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:45 am

I wouldn't be too impressed if a fellow passenger began writing stupid things about terrorism next to me. He thought he was really clever with his "terrorismadeup" "doodle". Sounds like a clown to me. I'd have thrown him off too.

Scour the article all you like, but there's no smoke without fire.

It was stupid and insensitive to write things like this in full view of other passengers.

"An airplane is a great place to rant at people, they have to listen because they have no place they can go".

Now, who do you suppose said this? Surprise, surprise, he's obnoxious and is revelling in his new-found "fame". :e thinks he's some kind of hero.

Last edited by essxjay; Sep 25, 2014 at 5:49 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:54 am
Suspended

I have an idea: Stop watching what people are doing on their laptops and notebooks and mind your own darn business.

Last edited by essxjay; Sep 25, 2014 at 5:51 pm Reason: personal attack
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by FredAnderssen
I have an idea: Stop watching what people are doing on their laptops and notebooks and mind your own darn business.
He showed it to his fellow passenger to wind them up. So, maybe get your facts straight. He thinks he's some kind of funny guy.

That's craving attention, I'm afraid.

Last edited by essxjay; Sep 25, 2014 at 5:51 pm Reason: reference to deleted remark
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by turner32
He showed it to his fellow passenger to wind them up. So, maybe get your facts straight. He thinks he's some kind of funny guy.

That's craving attention, I'm afraid.
Here's from the article:

Oliver Buckworth, 28, claims he was removed from a Gold Coast-bound flight after a fellow passenger saw the contents of his notebook over his shoulder and informed Tiger staff.
(emphasis mine)

Last edited by essxjay; Sep 25, 2014 at 5:52 pm Reason: personal attacks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.