Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fake screener probes passengers at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Things are quiet while TSA figures out the best way to maximize this golden opportunity.

This is SFO - it was not a TSA checkpoint, it was a private security checkpoint. TSA HQ will eventually spin this to say that this would never ever happen because of SSI TSA safeguards in place to prevent it. There will be no mention of the fact that TSA has direct oversight for private security at SFO (and a few other airports).
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by petaluma1
It's my belief that it's this "conditioning" to accept anything the TSA dishes out that will drive the TSA to keep this whole incident as quiet as possible.

The TSA does not want a discussion about conditioning.
The TSA has nothing to gain -- but self-respect -- from publicly acknowledging that: (a) the TSA's conditioning of the public and some of the TSA's other practices are a dream come true for criminal actors with an interest in sexual molestation of adults and minors; and (b) the TSA measures used against passengers include forms of sexual contact.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Don't mention the "Redskins", please.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by UA1KPHL
if an intoxicated man can slip pass security and pose as one i wonder what a half smart "terrorist" could do..makes you wonder..
^
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UA1KPHL
if an intoxicated man can slip pass security and pose as one i wonder what a half smart "terrorist" could do..makes you wonder..
The bigger the airport the easier it may be to get away with playing "security" insider in the manner done by the SFO "screener" impostor.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
The fake screener is apparently a high-powered financier: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier...ed-5628564.php
Old Jul 18, 2014, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FTcadence
The fake screener is apparently a high-powered financier: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier...ed-5628564.php
Sounds like he probably had lots of experience as a passenger subjected to the TSA procedures.

I have some questions I would love to ask some TSA lawyers about prosecutors proceeding with "false imprisonment" charges against that PE partner.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 18, 2014 at 1:27 pm
Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by FTcadence
Maybe he was even in PreCheck.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Schmurrr
Maybe he was even in PreCheck.
He probably got PreCheck LLL often. I would be surprised if he didn't also apply for Global Entry. So much for passenger "background" checking as a "security" measure.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by tigeros
Does this mean he can now sue them for false imprisonment?
Yes, he will get file lawsuit against TSA for false imprisonment. He can't stay at checkpoint for too long. Unacceptable!
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
And another article, Drunk Dude Poses as TSA Agent and Pats Down Woman at SFO - Jezebel

I don't see the issue here. The guy's a real ...... (no pun intended). The TSA is an excellent breeding ground for all perverts, and he simply took advantage of a system properly. Kinda surprised no one's done this sooner actually

The TSA, America's finest!
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:07 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by joshwex90
And another article, Drunk Dude Poses as TSA Agent and Pats Down Woman at SFO - Jezebel

I don't see the issue here. The guy's a real ...... (no pun intended). The TSA is an excellent breeding ground for all perverts, and he simply took advantage of a system properly. Kinda surprised no one's done this sooner actually

He probably doesn't get pizza delivered and missed out on the application form.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by joshwex90

How do we know it hasn't happened before?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, OnePass, AA, U-MP, more
Originally Posted by petaluma1
It's my belief that it's this "conditioning" to accept anything the TSA dishes out that will drive the TSA to keep this whole incident as quiet as possible.

The TSA does not want a discussion about conditioning.
My view continues to be that the TSA cannot allow this to be ruled, in a court of law, as a sexual assault.

If it's a sexual assault, people that now accept the "pat-down" as a necessary part of screening will question why the government is doing this to the 100% of passengers that are not terrorists.

That's why they really wanted to find the woman (do we know it's only one?) so that they can figure out if her story is helpful. If she says something like "it was just like the usual screening, he felt my breasts and rubbed my legs and crotch", then they need to forgot the interview ever happened.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by chollie
How do we know it hasn't happened before?
Come one, the TSA would've noticed a fake employee before. We all know how good they are at catching anything that shouldn't be there...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.