Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Drunken man caused a security breach at Sky Harbor

Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Hi All,

I hear the news last night. The drunken men went through secure door, but he opened a secure door. He dose not have SIDA badge, but he was ticketed passengers.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...abrk/12667573/

It did not affect any Sky Harbor flights.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
for an unknown reason he opened a secure door leading to air operations.

The door, in Terminal Four near gate C-12, requires badge access to open, and when the man opened it, an alarm sounded and strobe lights flashed

Not a very secure door, I reckon.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:06 pm

Probably also functioned as a crash/evacuation door. The badge access is for not making the fire alarm go off.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by RandomNobody
Probably also functioned as a crash/evacuation door. The badge access is for not making the fire alarm go off.
Actually, it jsut only for the secure door alarm, but not a fire alarm. He didn't pull the fire alarm. If you hear alarm sounds. If you see passengers who opened the jetway door. GA will push "C" button and then swipe the badge. When the alarm goes off. They will notify the aviation department. It's whether if you see the flight crew or anybody else who go into the gate.

Last edited by N830MH; Jul 16, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.