Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

no TSA Precheck stamp on boarding card / United airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:38 am
Original Poster

This may not be the right forum but my TSA precheck never shows whenever I fly United. This has happened the last 3 times, including today. I usually check in electronically but that doesn't make any different, it's the same at the airport. I book my flights using concur so I double checked that it is on my United profile as well as my Concur profile. When I asked the ticket counter just said "Oh, it's random that it you get selected for that even if you are a trusted traveler"

Any ideas what may be happening?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Check to make sure the Known Flyer Number is in the correct place (not redress) and that your name, gender & DOB are all entered correctly.

It is true that TSA does have the random downgrade to regular security principle but it doesn't seem to be that if it's only when you fly UA, booked via Concur & 3 times in a row.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm assuming you have Global Entry or whatever else gives you automatic precheck. If so then do what Yoshi212 advises. I have had GE for 3 years and always get precheck. You might call UA and make sure that all the numbers are in the right place in your profile. I usually do this if I'm flying a "new" airline to make sure I'll get pre check.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Log in to your United account and check your upcoming PNRs to see if your KTN is attached. If not, you'll need to add it manually.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Human error reigns supreme

Naturally the answer is usually user error ...I had the wrong # in my profile.
Thanks for all the quick feedback
Old Jul 14, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
There have been reports when using corporate reservations system where the number gets put into the wrong field (usually the redress box) so it may not have been you. If it was the physical wrong number that may just have to be you.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:00 am

I too have issues when booking my work trips via Concur with Pre. I am GE and a Silver Premier and I ALWAYS get Pre when I book directly on United. I followed other comments on threads and went into my PDQ and the KTN was missing so I added it. However, I am still not getting Pre and it is very frustrating. I did notice that when I book direct on United my profile says Ms. and when Concur books they do not carry over the Ms. (even though it is on my profile). I had called Concur and they do not seem to think this is an issue nor can they ever carry over the Ms. (Or so they tell me). Any other ideas of what might be wrong? When I call United they seem to have no clue about Pre. Does anyone have a number?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Concur is a software package. There is nobody to call at Concur. You may have presumably called your own corporate travel people or a TA they use. There is no reason to use a title such as "MS" or "MR" so don't.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Sad10s
I too have issues when booking my work trips via Concur with Pre. I am GE and a Silver Premier and I ALWAYS get Pre when I book directly on United. I followed other comments on threads and went into my PDQ and the KTN was missing so I added it. However, I am still not getting Pre and it is very frustrating. I did notice that when I book direct on United my profile says Ms. and when Concur books they do not carry over the Ms. (even though it is on my profile). I had called Concur and they do not seem to think this is an issue nor can they ever carry over the Ms. (Or so they tell me). Any other ideas of what might be wrong? When I call United they seem to have no clue about Pre. Does anyone have a number?
the name, DOB, gender, and Global Entry PASS ID/KTN must be entered in the concur profile accurately. if you cannot see what you entered, then delete it and reenter it accurately. this won't correct any existing bookings, so call the airline and ask them to reenter your SECURE FLIGHT data DOB, gender, and name and provide them the correct info. Also provide the KTN if you don't have it linked to your UA MileagePlus account already. This should resolve your problems, but if it doesn't, then you need to review the Global Entry application. It's possible you made an error on that which was not caught during the interview. That happens frequently, too. This program tolerates no typos!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by bobbydacron
This may not be the right forum but my TSA precheck never shows whenever I fly United. This has happened the last 3 times, including today. I usually check in electronically but that doesn't make any different, it's the same at the airport. I book my flights using concur so I double checked that it is on my United profile as well as my Concur profile. When I asked the ticket counter just said "Oh, it's random that it you get selected for that even if you are a trusted traveler"

Any ideas what may be happening?
Yes, you likely have an error in your CONCUR profile which is populating the reservations booked through that channel. if you cannot see what you entered there, then you need to delete the DOB, gender, and KTN/Global Entry PASS ID and reenter them with no typos. Then, call UA and have them enter that same data in SECURE FLIGHT data in your reservations again. Tell them what to enter so that you know it is correct. Add your KTN, too, if you don't have it stored in your MP account at least 72 hours before departure. That should rectify your issues. If it does not, then you need to log into your GOES Global Entry profile and look at what you entered on that application since that is what the TSA is comparing your secure flight to when they vet the travel. It's always possible you made a typo on the GOES profile. This program does not tolerate any typos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.