Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Undocumented aliens Allowed To Fly On Commericial Flights Without ID

Undocumented aliens Allowed To Fly On Commericial Flights Without ID

Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Whose

Whose?

Last edited by zombietooth; Jun 19, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:21 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
No one should ever have to show ID of any kind to a government employee as a condition of being a passenger on a commercial airline.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:34 pm

If "TSA is accepting the I-862 (Notice to Appear) as a form of identification and allowing illegal aliens to travel commercially", when will the TSA website be updated to note that this non-photo ID is acceptable?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
And KNOWN frequent flyers, many of us vetted through state and federal background security checks - are still not considered safe enough to put on a plane without being scanned, probed, and interrogated.

I think I need the air-sickness bag.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I'd be more concerned being on a flight with one of these illegal aliens who is infested with scabies or lice. I sure wouldn't want to sit next to them.

I'm surprised the commercial airlines are willing to risk infecting all of their other passengers and have their planes contaminated. Can we file a claim with the airline if we get sick after being on one of these illegal alien transport flights?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by susiesan
I'd be more concerned being on a flight with one of these illegal aliens who is infested with scabies or lice. I sure wouldn't want to sit next to them.

I'm surprised the commercial airlines are willing to risk infecting all of their other passengers and have their planes contaminated. Can we file a claim with the airline if we get sick after being on one of these illegal alien transport flights?
I hear you. Flying is unpleasant enough as it is.

I would also think that the FA unions would be seriously upset about this, especially since one of the aliens with TB was allowed to travel before being quarantined. They are getting repetitive exposure to groups of insufficiently health-screened aliens.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth
I hear you. Flying is unpleasant enough as it is.

I would also think that the FA unions would be seriously upset about this, especially since one of the aliens with TB was allowed to travel before being quarantined. They are getting repetitive exposure to groups of insufficiently health-screened aliens.
Originally Posted by susiesan

These comments are sarcasm, right? You don't really believe this, do you?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
If the thread title is true of what is being allowed, then that is great if it were it to get the government to back off the wasteful obsession over passenger photo ID and the government's "identity"-based passenger blacklists.

ID is not security.

Unfortunately, I doubt the government will stop wasting resources on passenger identity-based nonsense checks -- photo/boarding pass cross checks, passenger blacklists, PreCheck -- and reallocate those resources to interdiction of contraband WEI.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by NoMoreFlying
These comments are sarcasm, right? You don't really believe this, do you?
Seemingly, "They're all diseased!" has overtaken "They took our jobs!" and "They're all criminals!" on the xenophobes' talking points.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by wildcatlh
Seemingly, "They're all diseased!" has overtaken "They took our jobs!" and "They're all criminals!" on the xenophobes' talking points.
x2.

"they're diseased"
Old Jul 11, 2014, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wildcatlh
So anyone who disagrees with the current border enforcement policy is a "xenophobe"?

Faulty generalization is a logical fallacy. Brilliant!
Please note that no one here used the word "all", except for you.

Last edited by zombietooth; Jul 11, 2014 at 6:06 pm
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Spiff
No one should ever have to show ID of any kind to a government employee as a condition of being a passenger on a commercial airline.
^ I'm not in any way fazed by this headline. We should all be allowed to fly on commercial flights without ID.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 8:15 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Seriously...

You are actually surprised by this???
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by zombietooth
Security Theater of the Absurd at its finest:

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...r-Patrol-Union
Has anyone pointed out to Breitbart that an I862 covers lawful aliens as well? In most situations there's no way to tell what their status is from the form itself. Just that they're in the removal process. Or, in some cases, lawfully resident Cubans or Haitians who are adjusting status.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeriouslyLost
Has anyone pointed out to Breitbart that an I862 covers lawful aliens as well? In most situations there's no way to tell what their status is from the form itself. Just that they're in the removal process. Or, in some cases, lawfully resident Cubans or Haitians who are adjusting status.
You're obviously missing the comedy here:

Why should American citizens be required to show photo ID to fly when unverifiable aliens, who could give any name and country of origin to CBP or even fake a blank form, can fly without absolutely no proof of who they are?

This case just shows the absurd futility of the TSA, the scanners, the no-fly list, etc., etc. It is all just wasted effort and we are NO safer for any of it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.