Search

New ID scans at security checkpoint?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2014, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
New ID scans at security checkpoint?

Does anybody know about new ID scans at front of security checkpoint? I saw the news from ABC News. I did not realize know that they have a computer ID scans. When you arrive at security checkpoint. You are required to shows your ID & boarding pass. TSA will scans your ID & boarding pass. If you have valid ID. TSA will verified your ID and the computer will had to say. They will tell you. If someone who stolen ID or travel fraudulent. You will not able flying for those days. You could be arrested on charges with travel fraudulent.

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/t...turn-on-phones
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
I have a number of IDs (Global Entry, retired military, current Federal employee, state drivers license, passport, etc.). Which one would TSA know is "valid"?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by N830MH
Does anybody know about new ID scans at front of security checkpoint? I saw the news from ABC News. I did not realize know that they have a computer ID scans. When you arrive at security checkpoint. You are required to shows your ID & boarding pass. TSA will scans your ID & boarding pass. If you have valid ID. TSA will verified your ID and the computer will had to say. They will tell you. If someone who stolen ID or travel fraudulent. You will not able flying for those days. You could be arrested on charges with travel fraudulent.

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/t...turn-on-phones
Uhm... Did you read and comprehend the article you quoted?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dimramon
Uhm... Did you read and comprehend the article you quoted?
Actually, I saw the pictures, but I did not read the article. I didn't read it.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Actually, I saw the pictures, but I did not read the article. I didn't read it.
that might be a good place to start when posting a thread that has nothing to do with the story you cited. Just a thought...
Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:14 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The photo appears to have been taken at IAD.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by Ari
...and the picture does appear to show one of the ill-fated ID verification scanners, but that's not what this article is about. It's yet another warning about TSA's latest theatrics regarding devices with drained batteries, which I'm positive was being discussed in another thread.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ari
Yes, can you see it? They will scans your ID & boarding pass. If you are real identifiable. You can go through at security. If you are not real ID. TSA will notify the LEO right way. You will not able flying for those days. You could be arrested on charges with travel fraudulent. If someone who stolen the ID. You will being caught.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:20 am

Yes, can you see it? They will scans your ID & boarding pass. If you are real identifiable. You can go through at security. If you are not real ID. TSA will notify the LEO right way. You will not able flying for those days. You could be arrested on charges with travel fraudulent. If someone who stolen the ID. You will being caught.
Please stop. The photo at IAD had nothing to do with the article and the photo was from a pilot program that was done in 2012, over two years ago.

Right now, the TSA is doing the following:

The Credential Authentication Technology (CAT) automatically authenticates identity documents that are presented to TSA by passengers during the security checkpoint screening process. In late 2013, TSA issued a Request for Information (RFI) to conduct market research to better understand capabilities available in industry for CAT. TSA anticipates that the new technology will enhance security and increase efficiency by automatically verifying passenger identification and obtaining the passenger’s vetting status.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
It would seem that the technology TSA is seeking is more for validity of the ID item itself ("real" passport, drivers license, etc.) over a fake ID than "is this the ID for this person?". Am I missing something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.