Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Heightened security at U.S airports (and overseas?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heightened security at U.S airports (and overseas?)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:20 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FredAnderssen
Does Best Buy take used motor oil?
I was replying to a quote about laptops.

And, FYI, most auto parts stores will take used motor oil in the US.

Keep on trolling ...
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:26 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Does Best Buy take used motor oil?
TSA does. No charge. Report them if they put it in the trash...
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SM
Originally Posted by stc
I was replying to a quote about laptops.

And, FYI, most auto parts stores will take used motor oil in the US.

Keep on trolling ...
The humor of combining a previous post with yours escaped you. More's the pity. Hardly enough to accuse me of trolling.

Though Spiff seemed to get it....
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:15 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
The humor of combining a previous post with yours escaped you. More's the pity. Hardly enough to accuse me of trolling.

Though Spiff seemed to get it....
Oh, I got the reference. I guess by subscribing to a thread to try to get some info as to what was really going on means one should expect to get covered/////// with//// motor///// oil/// lots of specious spurious email.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 1:51 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So the TSA has gotten more foreign carriers to have more gate screening checks -- mainly an increase at foreign carriers' home country airports. Not surprisingly, most of those hassled by this are those coach passengers without priority boarding privileges on the carriers with these questionable gate searches at the gate.

For amusing theatrical example, guess what happens at various EU airports with these latest theatrical measures, iPhones or Samsung smart phones or phablets secreted on person post-primary-security-screening checkpoint but prior to the gate screening? They often get missed because the obsession is about rummaging through the carry-on bags.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Nothing on this leaving FRA today. Had my iPad, phone, and GPS in my carry on, no one asked for anything at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.