Wiki Posts
Search

COS -- Still NoS-Free!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2014, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

COS -- Still NoS-Free!

I flew through COS this week. I was pleasantly surprised to find three metal detectors, but not a single NoS and nothing to indicate that the cancer was going to spread to this airport anytime soon.

But, the clerks tried hard to maintain the level of stupidity they are known for. At the front of the three lines was a clerk controlling a randomizer for one of three lanes:

1. PreCheck
2. First class
3. Steerage

The PreCheck line was the longest, probably because of all the active duty folks in the area. The other two lines, combined, were 1/3 the length of the PreCheck line.

The Randomizer served absolutely no purpose (not that any of them do). With all three lines completely NoS-free, there was nothing to be random about and no lottery to be won.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Did you see BKSX? Did they remove the old BKSX? Is still there? When TSA will install MMW?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH
Did you see BKSX? Did they remove the old BKSX? Is still there? When TSA will install MMW?
No, there was no evidence that they ever had either NoS at the single checkpoint. As I wrote above, I saw no indication that they had any plans to install anything.

The only drawback was that every inch of highway between COS and Denver was under construction except for I-25 through the city (old T-Rex project).
Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much

But, the clerks tried hard to maintain the level of stupidity they are known for. .
I believe TSA trains the IAD clerk crew at COS. Once they demonstrate an acceptable level of stupidity at COS, they are sent to IAD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.