Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Starting them young (a lighthearted TSA story)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2014, 4:28 pm
KDS
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite

Recently traveled with one of my grandsons through an airport checkpoint. (He's 2 1/2 years old.)

TSO at ID station tried to do chit-chat with him, saying "you won't have to take off your shoes."

My grandson looked at the TSO and loudly said, "THEY'RE BOOTS!" The TSO then had to restate his comment by saying he wouldn't have to remove his boots.

My grandson then was satisfied and proceeded toward the WTMD.

Can't train them too young to know how to respond to illegitimate "guards"!
Old May 12, 2014, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by KDS
Recently traveled with one of my grandsons through an airport checkpoint. (He's 2 1/2 years old.)

TSO at ID station tried to do chit-chat with him, saying "you won't have to take off your shoes."

My grandson looked at the TSO and loudly said, "THEY'RE BOOTS!" The TSO then had to restate his comment by saying he wouldn't have to remove his boots.

My grandson then was satisfied and proceeded toward the WTMD.

Can't train them too young to know how to respond to illegitimate "guards"!
Priceless story! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.