Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Man makes bomb threat, TSA lets him proceed to gate

Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/aldo...-taken-custody

Overall, I'm a supporter of the TSA. But the details in this story blew me away.

“At approximately 1400 hrs, a 25-year-old male resident of San Jose, California, was going through Terminal 1 screening and was randomly selected for a secondary screening,” LAPD Sgt. Sgt. Karla Ortiz said in a statement. “The suspect then became belligerent and uncooperative with the process and with the TSA agent, making a comment indicating that he was in possession of a bomb before proceeding towards the gate area.

“Los Angeles Airport Police made contact with him at the gate and he was positively identified as the person in question.”
According to this story, they let him proceed to the gate even after making this threat.

If it was not a serious threat, it's not clear why they would've had LAPD follow up with him.

If it WAS a serious threat, it's not clear why they would let him proceed past the screening point.

It will be interesting to learn the facts of this case.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:28 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ngeles-airport

Aldon Smith of the San Fran 49ers.
some video is out there too,
what a goofball for lack of a word that would get post deleted.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
Most reports indicate he was drunk... Not his first incident with law enforcement by any means... Another gifted athlete who throws it away with his conduct and immaturity.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:43 pm
Suspended

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.