Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Air Marshal director Resigns Amid Agency Gun Scheme Probe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wow -- I was just getting ready to call it a day and did one more pass through the new sites and saw this:

The director of the Federal Air Marshal Service is resigning after being investigated for his role in an alleged operation to acquire guns for officials' personal use, FoxNews.com has learned.

Director Robert Bray's home was raided in December in connection with the ongoing probe. Law enforcement and congressional sources told FoxNews.com that Bray's recently announced resignation, which is effective in June, is directly related to the investigation.

<snip>

He is accused of using the agency's federal firearms license and his relationship with gun manufacturer Sig Sauer to obtain discounted and free guns. He then provided them to high-up agency officials for their personal use...

<snip>

Rep. Richard Hudson, R-N.C., chairman of the House Homeland Security transportation security subcommittee, wrote a letter to Transportation Security Administrator head John Pistole on Thursday raising "grave concern" about the claims of possible "gross misconduct."

<snip>

Hudson gave Pistole until next Friday to provide more information on whether illegal and/or unethical activity took place and other details.
Maybe, just maybe, this will be the end of Pissy. Unfortunately, the House can't impeach him or hold him in contempt. But, who knows...nobody else particularly cares about the Constitution these days.

Of course, Bray is simply retiring for the usual reason:

He said he has no plans "except to spend time with my wife and family, without whose love and support I could not have had such a great, long career."
Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:06 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
bahhh, Sigs are overrated IMO
Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:51 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Maybe, just maybe, this will be the end of Pissy. Unfortunately, the House can't impeach him or hold him in contempt. But, who knows...nobody else particularly cares about the Constitution these days.
Pissant can however, be investigated and charged with crimes. That scumbag belongs in prison for many, many reasons.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:49 am

I wonder which "high-up agency officials" Bray gave guns to...
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:11 am

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Aloha....

All over the US there are FAMs jumping up and down for joy.....hopefully, some head-shead asshats go down with him as well.....
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Bearcat06
Aloha....

All over the US there are FAMs jumping up and down for joy.....hopefully, some head-shead asshats go down with him as well.....
And hopefully one of them is Pistole who is ultimately responsible for Bray's actions.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:14 am

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Originally Posted by petaluma1
And hopefully one of them is Pistole who is ultimately responsible for Bray's actions.
Bingo.....
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much

Of course, Bray is simply retiring for the usual reason:
Pipe dream much?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Blame never goes up. Anybody really surprised? I wonder if any Congresspersons got gun gifts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.