Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Imam kicked off plane for "doubtful" use of airplane lav?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Imam kicked off plane for "doubtful" use of airplane lav?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 11:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
No--I'm specifically talking about the involvement of CAIR. I'd look much more favorably on his case if they weren't involved.
Using all resources lawfully allowed and available rather cheaply makes perfect sense for someone who feels they have been wronged. CAIR is lawfully allowed to operate in the US and is even US-government-approved in various ways. He'd be a fool to not want CAIR on his side and have CAIR use resources on his behalf.

I welcome his use of CAIR's resources, and I welcome CAIR's willingness to take on situations like this too and spend their resources on these kind of situations.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:15 pm

Always helpful to involve an unindicted co conspirator to terrorism when you are trying to get indignant about not being a terrorist.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by desmando
Always helpful to involve an unindicted co conspirator to terrorism when you are trying to get indignant about not being a terrorist.
Huge numbers of people may consider the US Government an unindicted co-conspirator to terrorism, but absent a prosecution in open court and a guilty ruling in a fair court of law, affixing the label of "unindicted co-conspirator to terrorism" is a sign of the "unindicted co-conspirator" label-users lacking legal merits even in the eyes of government obsessed about terrorism; it's also frequently a sign of engaging in wishful thinking against parties they have already demonized. I still would recommend using the resources of the USG when and where available for lawful purposes. Same would go for using CAIR and its resources when and where available for lawful purposes.

By the way, PreCheck LLL and GE approval outcomes come up for employees and management figures of the USG, of CAIR and of DL.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 9, 2014 at 11:22 pm
Old Apr 10, 2014, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
No--I'm specifically talking about the involvement of CAIR. I'd look much more favorably on his case if they weren't involved.
That doesn't bother me per se. An average person needs a huge amount of resources to take on the U.S. Government or a big corporation. If CAIR doesn't help this guy punish stupidity, who will???

Not too long ago, a lot in the center and right of center dismissed the ACLU as radical liberal troublemakers (or something to that effect). Then, the ACLU started committing resources to go after the Bush II and Obama administrations and all sorts of state and local governments in cases involving infringement of lots of different peoples' civil rights, including atrocities committed by the DHS and our favorite TSA.

These days, the ACLU doesn't look all that bad....
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
I love it when people (like me) don't have all the facts, but make up what they think happened. Was he still in the lavatory when the plane was pushed back? I have seen a problem when people go the lavatory just prior to departure and haven't gotten back in their seats when the push-back occurred. Just guessin' - like others here.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by relangford
I love it when people (like me) don't have all the facts, but make up what they think happened. Was he still in the lavatory when the plane was pushed back? I have seen a problem when people go the lavatory just prior to departure and haven't gotten back in their seats when the push-back occurred. Just guessin' - like others here.
Through the magic of link-clicking, I was able to discover that he went back to his seat after using the lavatory and that another passenger subsequently used the restroom.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Thanks, Carl Johnson. That removes one possible offense.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by relangford
Thanks, Carl Johnson. That removes one possible offense.
What are the other possible "offenses" for which he is to be blamed? Like being "brown" and "Arab"/"Muslim"-looking? At least there is evidence of that.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
What are the other possible "offenses" for which he is to be blamed? Like being "brown" and "Arab"/"Muslim"-looking? At least there is evidence of that.
You missed paranoia trumping good sense

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.