Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Finally! MIA will get more passport control agent

Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

http://www.aviationpros.com/news/113...control-agents

Long overdue!!! MIA is finally getting more passport control agent. It will helps to reduce wait time at passport control. You don't have worry about your next flight out. You will be just fine.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
For what its worth, I have been reading on this forum regularly for over a year the horror stories about immigration/customs at MIA.

This past Sunday March 30th arrived at MIA at 315pm in the afternoon on AA from Port Au Prince Haiti. Total time from airplane to my truck in the Dolphin garage ? 15 minutes! Quick trip on the monorail, walked right up to a kiosk, then directly to the doors exiting from customs. Waited there about 3 minutes, talked briefly with a customs officer, then not being flagged for further inspection made the brief walk to the outdoor area and over to the Dolphin garage.

Needless to say, quickest international exit from MIA in over 30 years of using the airport as a South Floridian.

So what's the problem ?!
Old Apr 1, 2014, 7:28 pm

This gives MIA a better opportunity to get more international airlines.

Take a look.
http://www.exmiami.org/index.php/ele...l-flights-mia/
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by N830MH
You don't have worry about your next flight out. You will be just fine.
I'm not so sure. It says the agents are promised by September 2015.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:50 am

Hallelujah. When the most common word on your SKYTRAX
customer review is "nightmare" it's usually a sign you need to
make a change or two.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
MIA is the worst major airport US POE IME; and I doubt more CBP employees at MIA will do much to change the experience other than perhaps reduce the time trapped there waiting for admission -- but even that would be a material and general improvement unless the newbies' attitudes are substantially worse than the attitude of the current lot there.

APC and GE kiosks have already helped, but more still needs to be done for peak hour arrivals and visitors from Europe or South America.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: ExPlAAt; United 1K
I had been reading about the MIA nightmare for years. I finally got a chance to experience it myself when I came back from Ecuador a few weeks ago. It was stunning how long the regular lines were. Fortunately, we have Global Entry. If we didn't I doubt we would have made our connecting flight.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:40 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by GUWonder
MIA is the worst major airport US POE IME;
YES!

It's bad enough that I actively avoid any international travel that includes me re-entering the US through MIA. When you live in SJU and fly AA, it's not exactly easy to do.

CM through PTY for most Latin America; B6 to another carrier through SXM/SDQ for Europe; LI to another carrier through ANU also for Europe.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
I once flew London-Jamaica via Miami. Never again! On my return I had a 3 hour layover and only just made my connecting flight. This despite having a business class ticket and bypassing many of the queues.

I'd much rather fly through Mexico or Venezuela next time than through the US.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:42 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by jahason
I once flew London-Jamaica via Miami. Never again! On my return I had a 3 hour layover and only just made my connecting flight. This despite having a business class ticket and bypassing many of the queues.

I'd much rather fly through Mexico or Venezuela next time than through the US.
Two things.

1- Why not just fly the nonstop LGW flights?

2- There are no regularly scheduled flights to/from Jamaica to Mexico or Venezuela.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:20 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by worldspan
For what its worth, I have been reading on this forum regularly for over a year the horror stories about immigration/customs at MIA.

This past Sunday March 30th arrived at MIA at 315pm in the afternoon on AA from Port Au Prince Haiti. Total time from airplane to my truck in the Dolphin garage ? 15 minutes! Quick trip on the monorail, walked right up to a kiosk, then directly to the doors exiting from customs. Waited there about 3 minutes, talked briefly with a customs officer, then not being flagged for further inspection made the brief walk to the outdoor area and over to the Dolphin garage.

Needless to say, quickest international exit from MIA in over 30 years of using the airport as a South Floridian.

So what's the problem ?!
Are you on a US passport or non-US?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by mkt
Two things.

1- Why not just fly the nonstop LGW flights?
Yes, BA or VS has direct flight from MBJ-LGW or LHR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.