Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Androderm Patch Foil Backing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2014, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Androderm Patch Foil Backing

Hello All, I just started wearing an Androderm hormonal patch which has a foil backing/pouch about size of a nickel. Typically wear on upper arm but can also wear on thigh.

What are chances that this will set off the scanner and require a secondary search?

I've not found anything searching online or at manufacturers website.

Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:43 am

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by mrbookend
Hello All, I just started wearing an Androderm hormonal patch which has a foil backing/pouch about size of a nickel. Typically wear on upper arm but can also wear on thigh.

What are chances that this will set off the scanner and require a secondary search?

I've not found anything searching online or at manufacturers website.

Thanks
With a foil backing on it, the odds are that it will probably alarm an AIT machine. When transiting the airport security screening areas, I would try my best to wear the patch on the arm, that way if it alarms, it will be in an area more simple to clear. Even if the patch alarms on the thigh, the process will be to pat the alarm area down, and most dermal patches I have seen are not large enough to cause concern. Folks wear these through all the time for all kinds of different reasons - smokers, pain patches, hormone patches - we see them all the time.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Arm it is.

Thanks, gsoltso
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:16 pm

Perhaps if you put it on you side, a la Jon Corbett, the MMW will never even see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.