Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA to fliers at Sky Harbor: Leave guns, knives, bowling pins at home

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA to fliers at Sky Harbor: Leave guns, knives, bowling pins at home

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by BOB W
Finally we can place the blame for our greatest national embarrassment
"You can't professionalize if you don't federalize." - Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle (D-SD) about airport security after 9/11.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by chollie

So we all board naked and blind-folded. Problem solved.

(Peeking now becomes an act of terrorism).

Seriously the only think I ever had trouble with was a multitool i did not even knew I had in my bag. I really don´t think they are too sensitive at least in Europe / Asia.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Surely you must realise that confiscating your medication with a prescription was for your own health and safety!
Ah, the joy of confiscating medication used for health and safety in the name of health and safety...

I am actually stunned that there is no exception for nitrogycerin pills. Not because the TSA is so forward-thinking but because so many people carry them. I'm trying to imagine the press release if somebody died on a plane after the TSA had stolen their nitro pills. Something along the lines of:

"We regret if anyone felt inconvenienced by the passing of XXX on a recent flight. Their death in no way represents the millions of people that the TSA protects on a daily basis. We have investigated the matter and believe that the TSO handled the situation correctly."
Mike
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Nitro pills fall between the cracks. They're kind of like Clearcare.

Clearcare contact solution is a medical product and medical products are allowed. It isn't denied because it's a medical product, it's denied because it violates the prohibition against dangerous substances - peroxide, I think.

Nitro pills are a medical product. They weren't denied because they were a medical product, they were denied because, like Clearcare, they also violate the prohibition against dangerous substances, in this case, obviously, nitro.

Even a TSO who posts here, who should have better access to the rules than any of us, someone who supposedly agrees that the ban is not correct, has not found any exception in the rules to permit medical nitro.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.