Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal Cornucopia

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA P, TG *G, AF G, QF B, HH D, IHG G, AClub S, SPG Pref, Hertz 5*
Terminal Cornucopia

I came across this site in my twitter stream today - http://www.terminalcornucopia.com/

The guy demonstrated how to build weapons out of everyday items purchased after the security check point. Some of the weapons involve a lot of effort/noise where as other seem to be able to be assembled pretty quickly in a stall in the mens room.

He explains his reasons for doing this as so:
What if Terrorists See This?!
That's a great question. An even better question is: What if they already know all this? All of these findings have been reported to the Department of Homeland Security (TSA) to help them better detect these types of threats. Furthermore, the next time you fly, you'll be flying as a more informed consumer (and taxpayer, possibly) - one who is more equipped to demand better, more appropriate airport security.

Last edited by skwashd; Nov 15, 2013 at 6:47 pm Reason: fix typo in title
Old Nov 16, 2013, 5:48 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Termnial Cornucopia

good tip. just watched his 45 min talk on youtube.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:56 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this is all about airport/travel security, please follow it to its new home in the apt travel security forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skwashd
I came across this site in my twitter stream today - http://www.terminalcornucopia.com/

The guy demonstrated how to build weapons out of everyday items purchased after the security check point. Some of the weapons involve a lot of effort/noise where as other seem to be able to be assembled pretty quickly in a stall in the mens room.

He explains his reasons for doing this as so:
... just like assembling a liquid bomb in an airplane lav in flight.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 8:21 pm
Suspended

I wonder what he could make using non-prohibited items brought through the checkpoint plus anything purchased in the (tongue inserted firmly in cheek) "sterile area?"
Old Nov 16, 2013, 9:39 pm

One of his "weapons" is a motor that drives the sparker on a diposable lighter, thus making a bunch of sparks. No flame. W T F ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.