Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

"Are Hassle Free Airlines Truly Possible?"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: formerly SW, DL; currently Amtrak S+

http://www.gadling.com/2013/08/02/hassle-free-airlines/

The "hassle" in the article is referring to the hassle of having to endure the TSA. Personally, I think it's more than just a "hassle".

Southern Airways Express is a new airline that just took to the skies this summer. Right now, they don't offer many routes, just focusing mainly on the deep South. They do have plans for expansion, however. Their slogan is "No parking fees, no baggage fees, no TSA security hassles." Here's wishing them much success! ^

www.iflysouthern.com

I have an opportunity to fly with them next month, and I'm looking forward to it. Since 2010, I've been choosing modes of transportation that don't require me to be treated like a criminal in order to utilize. So now Southern Airways Express will be getting my money, along with Amtrak.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:40 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Any airline can pick airports with less of a hassle factor to fly to and from. They have chosen not to because it's probably not a profitable way to fly.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, United Silver
Streamline Air did TSA-free airline service for about a year between BED and TTN. Eventually they were killed by local opposition (the absurdly wealthy in Lincoln, Concord, and Lexington didn't like it when common folk were able to buy $99 tickets to fly from their private airport) and difficultly with their aircraft lease.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.