Search

TSA now searching valet'd cars @ ROC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2013, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

TSA now searching valet'd cars @ ROC

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3101080.shtml?cat=566

Do you believe this ~@#!????

Nobody is going to search my car without a warrant . What a crock.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 5:39 pm

Wait till the TSA decides to set up secure vehicle check points prior to entering the "core" areas of the terminal at major airports.

Wanna drop someone off, take a cab, limo or bus, you'll wait till the vehicle is searched. Of course, it's all in the name of safety....
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Iacuzza's car was inspected by valet attendants on orders from the TSA.
Their "training" consists of being shown pictures of round, black objects with the word bomb painted on.

Valet jockeys inspecting cars. Are you <redacted> kidding me?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Sickening. A car isn't flying or even near the secure area. The TSA shouldn't have be searching cars that don't come near the airport. How can the even do such a thing legally?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Valet jockeys inspecting cars. Are you <redacted> kidding me?
does this mean that the valets will have less time to steal the loose change from my console ?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Valet attendants are the most openly bribed people in the business world, and yet we entrust them with ensuring that terminal at ROC is not blown up?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 6:22 am

Programs: TSA Disparager Gold
Lexus & other high end cars

My car comes with a "Valet" key, which doesn't open the trunk, center console or glove box (if they're locked). How are they gonna inspect them?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 6:45 am
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
From the story:
Laurie Iacuzza walked to her waiting car at the Greater Rochester International Airport after returning from a trip and that's when she found it -- a notice saying her car was inspected after she left for her flight. She said, “I was furious. They never mentioned it to me when I booked the valet or when I picked up the car or when I dropped it off.”...

Iacuzza said she doesn't mind the security measure. She just wants to be told if her car is getting searched.

So, she's furious that she wasn't told, but not furious that the car was searched. That is just incomprehensible to me. Brainwashed society we live in these days.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Wimpie
My car comes with a "Valet" key, which doesn't open the trunk, center console or glove box (if they're locked). How are they gonna inspect them?
High-end? Our two-year-old Honda has a valet key.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by KDS
So, she's furious that she wasn't told, but not furious that the car was searched. That is just incomprehensible to me. Brainwashed society we live in these days.
Maybe the valet company should impose a $20 security fee. I wonder then how she'd feel: I mean, it's keeping her safe, so surely she would not mind paying for peace of mind, right?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Post "tsa searching parked cars at airports"

Big headline on Drudge at the moment. Sometimes I suspect Matt Drudge is a lurker here. He's certainly not a fan of outgoing upgoing Big Sis or the TSA.

Afterthought: When in places like Egypt and India, security people would use those mirrors on long handles to look underneath our cars when we entered hotel properties, etc. I'm sure many other FTers have experienced the same.

Are the valets now issued with the same equipment?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 7:23 am

Wonder if their search would alert for drugs?

Curious why it's such a major TSA concern at ROC, but not other airports that also offer valet products and services?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
Curious why it's such a major TSA concern at ROC, but not other airports that also offer valet products and services?
FSD Big Fish syndrome?

Is it still private-company security staff there?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by saulblum
Maybe the valet company should impose a $20 security fee. I wonder then how she'd feel: I mean, it's keeping her safe, so surely she would not mind paying for peace of mind, right?
Sadly, charging a fee like that would be the only way a lot of people would get upset. There are a lot of things in this story that make me angry.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 8:03 am
Original Poster

It's a good thing it was not my car that was searched. I would have gone off the deep end. Hell,it's not even being searched by law enforcement. .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.