Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Plane Passenger Ejected for Non-Stop Singing of Whitney Houston Songs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2013, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR

http://gawker.com/plane-passenger-ej...tney-504543996

This probably protected the passenger from herself (as I suspect the other passengers were ready to do her bodily harm), but using the excuse that "an unruly passenger was deemed a threat to the crew for refusing to stop singing Whitney Houston songs" was probably over the top.

I can bet that no one sitting around this woman minded the diversion at all.
Old May 13, 2013, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
There is existing thread from AA forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ff-flight.html
Old May 13, 2013, 6:59 pm

Programs: Double Unobtainium, Grace L. Ferguson Airline & Storm Door Co.
What I wonder about is the PA announcement heard in the video that pax are not allowed to take pictures. Is this a new policy for AA?
Old May 15, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Vidiot
What I wonder about is the PA announcement heard in the video that pax are not allowed to take pictures. Is this a new policy for AA?
No, I haven't hear it lately. I am not quite sure if there is new policy. I wasn't sure if there is restrictions. Sadly, you can't take a pictures of the suspect.
Old May 17, 2013, 10:54 pm

I wanna run to you hold me in your arms
Old May 18, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by danielonn
I wanna run to you hold me in your arms
Originally Posted by Vidiot
I just went to AA's web site and did a search for "photography", which came up with zero responses, and "photo" which brought up only AA's own online photo gallery. I also specifically searched the CoC and found no mention at all of photo or video prohibitions.

My guess is, this was some FAs taking it upon themselves. Like so many other people today, they FAs seem to think that "CAMERA = WEAPON!!!!" and "PHOTOGRAPHER = TERRORIST/PEDOPHILE!!!!".

Or perhaps they simply still believe that a photograph will steal their souls.
Old May 18, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WillCAD
I just went to AA's web site and did a search for "photography", which came up with zero responses, and "photo" which brought up only AA's own online photo gallery. I also specifically searched the CoC and found no mention at all of photo or video prohibitions.

My guess is, this was some FAs taking it upon themselves. Like so many other people today, they FAs seem to think that "CAMERA = WEAPON!!!!" and "PHOTOGRAPHER = TERRORIST/PEDOPHILE!!!!".

Or perhaps they simply still believe that a photograph will steal their souls.
I don't let people take my picture because I am ugly and it shows. Not saying that is the FA's reason.
Old May 18, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
I don't let people take my picture because I am ugly and it shows. Not saying that is the FA's reason.
I'm sure your wife would disagree with that assessment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.