Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied Global Entry

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:12 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by nrr
One function the CBP performs, is checking returnees for outstanding arrest warrants, child support arrears and other similar infractions.
Don't care. That's not CBP's job.

Originally Posted by nrr
So merely waving a passport at the agent would not flag these people, nor would it weed out people with fake pp's, nor would it be able to associate people with their real passports.
I'm really not concerned. All people not currently incarcerated should be free to come and go as they please.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
GE is not just for US passport holders. Carry on.
Indeed, even as the discussion got fueled by the US treating US citizens in an Orwellian Animal Farmesque way: "all free US citizens are equal, but some free US citizens are more equal than other free US citizens".

Originally Posted by nrr
One function the CBP performs, is checking returnees for outstanding arrest warrants, child support arrears and other similar infractions. So merely waving a passport at the agent would not flag these people, nor would it weed out people with fake pp's, nor would it be able to associate people with their real passports.
GE-enrolled persons with such issues are already dealt with by CBP. The same approach could be applicable even with GE enrollment being automatic for all free US persons with a valid US passport.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: I still call it Onepass every now and then. Platinum.
Originally Posted by Spiff
Exactly.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Spiff

I'm really not concerned. All people not currently incarcerated should be free to come and go as they please.

This is one viewpoint. But at this point why have CBP anyway. Why not just get rid of all checks. No need for immigration or anything. Just fly in from anywhere and your in the US, no visas necessary. Fugitives, terrorist, Other people who would normally be denied entry for whatever reason all would have easy access.

Can you see the problems this might cause?

I do not believe that you should be able to just come into the country without any type of passport check or customs check. I stand by my earlier comments about who should be eligible for GE and you are welcome to disagree with that. But I think most can agree there should be some checking done at the border.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
All rubbish and a bunch of hypotheticals. OP was less than forthcoming and, if he wasn't sure, only had to say something such as, "it's been a long time and I'm not certain." But, that's not what he did.

Judges in this country instruct jurors every day that if they find that a witness has been untruthful as to one fact, they may disbelieve that witness on all other facts.

Nothing different here. OP wasn't "forthcoming" so CBP disbelieves him.

Not Orwellian or anything bad. Just the way informed choices are made by Officers every day.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Duplicate

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 24, 2013 at 3:42 pm
Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Often1
All rubbish and a bunch of hypotheticals. OP was less than forthcoming and, if he wasn't sure, only had to say something such as, "it's been a long time and I'm not certain." But, that's not what he did.
"All rubbish and a bunch of hypotheticals"? Couldn't the same be said for the above? Yes.

Judges in this country instruct jurors every day that if they find that a witness has been untruthful as to one fact, they may disbelieve that witness on all other facts.

Nothing different here.
"All rubbish and a bunch of hypotheticals"? Couldn't the same be said for the above? Yes.

Something different here.

Treating some free US persons as less equal than other free US persons is Orwellian Animal Farmesque: "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than other animals". This kind of situation is also Kafkaesque of sort.
OP wasn't "forthcoming" so CBP disbelieves him.

Not Orwellian or anything bad.
Orwellian Animal Farmesque still, whether or not of the opinion that tries to justify the status quo or to play government apologist. It is something bad, even if others find it great.

Just the way informed choices are made by Officers every day.
.... informed choices made by prejudiced officers. That Orwellian Animal Farmesque behavior is done by DHS doesn't mean the approach is great and beyond deserving criticism and change.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 24, 2013 at 3:50 pm
Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:47 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by TomBrady
This is one viewpoint. But at this point why have CBP anyway. Why not just get rid of all checks. No need for immigration or anything. Just fly in from anywhere and your in the US, no visas necessary. Fugitives, terrorist, Other people who would normally be denied entry for whatever reason all would have easy access.

Can you see the problems this might cause?.
No.

And I really don't care. I believe in open borders. CBP should do one of the few the government is actually charged with doing: protect the borders from attack (a real one, not some movie fantasy). Other than that, free migration across borders should be the norm for all nations. We're going to eventually have a single government on the planet, might as well get started and set a good example for what a free society and planet is really all about.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by GUWonder

Something different here.

Treating some free US persons as less equal than other free US persons is Orwellian Animal Farmesque: "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than other animals". This kind of situation is also Kafkaesque of sort.

Orwellian Animal Farmesque still, whether or not of the opinion that tries to justify the status quo or to play government apologist. It is something bad, even if others find it great.

.... informed choices made by prejudiced officers. That Orwellian Animal Farmesque behavior is done by DHS doesn't mean the approach is great and beyond deserving criticism and change.
Zero evidence that the Officer was "prejudiced". In fact, quite the contrary. All the evidence -- and that's taking OP's own words -- is that OP was less than forthcoming and that's what the Officer found.

The answer to something you don't know for certain is, "I'm not certain." Untruths are just that. Untrue.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:42 pm

Zero evidence that the Officer was "prejudiced". In fact, quite the contrary. All the evidence -- and that's taking OP's own words -- is that OP was less than forthcoming and that's what the Officer found.

The answer to something you don't know for certain is, "I'm not certain." Untruths are just that. Untrue.
There were plenty of times I said "I wasn't certain". The officer acted like I should have known everything. So for one arrest he asked what happened. I reported in laymans terms what happened. Then he said what about this charge/count? I said it was nonsense and was dismissed (that was the one about not wearing passenger restraints while riding a bike). Then asked what other counts were. I didn't remember and said so. After all more than 10 years ago and dismissed.

At no point was I untruthful. The denial for being "less than forthcoming" is too vague and I would argue not a proper reason for denial - without more specifics.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:49 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Question Do I Have This Right???

You have a criminal back ground & are complaining about NOT being let into the Trusted Traveler Program?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:40 am
Suspended

Actually there is evidence that the CBP's way of dealing with applicants for GE is based on prejudice and this thread is but another example of how prejudice results in free US citizens with passports being treated as unequals by the US government.

Orwellian Animal Farmesque governmental hypocrisy, as relates to this "trusted traveler" program, has its defenders/advocates. I won't be one of those advocates of Orwellian Animal Farmesque governmental hypocrisy that don't believe all free US citizens should be treated as equals in the eyes of the government.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways
You have a criminal back ground & are complaining about NOT being let into the Trusted Traveler Program?
Don't many, perhaps even most, of the people who pushed for this "trusted traveler" nonsense have criminal backgrounds? Almost certainly even if some don't want to buy that for even a New York minute. Even most members of Congress have violated at least two federal laws. Arrest and convictions aren't always the best measure of who does and does not have a criminal background. Regardless of background, free US citizens should all be considered equals in the eyes of the government when it comes to freedom of movement. That, or we should just admit that we are fans of Orwellian Animal Farmesque governmental hypocrisy when it comes to people's freedom/rights of movement. Certainly this kind of Orwellian governmental approach to dealing with people is evident in Kafkaesque ways across US airports -- the GE implementation being yet another example of this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 25, 2013 at 1:56 am
Old Apr 25, 2013, 4:19 am

Smile Global denial

I was denied because of a Misdemeanor conviction for 6 years ago Im getting it expunged from my record. I have to pay 100$ again and reapply will they give me GE with it being expunged they already know it was there from my 1st interview? I have the document saying it was expunged.
Any advice from someone who has been through a similar situation would be great

Thank in advance
Old Apr 25, 2013, 5:44 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ramsfan7784
I was denied because of a Misdemeanor conviction for 6 years ago Im getting it expunged from my record. I have to pay 100$ again and reapply will they give me GE with it being expunged they already know it was there from my 1st interview? I have the document saying it was expunged.
Any advice from someone who has been through a similar situation would be great

Thank in advance
From info I've read in other posts here on FT: after you get the conviction expunged, instead of reapplying, try to contact the OMBUDSMAN, it may save you paying an extra $100.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.