"One Stop" at IAH Immigraton?

Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

"One Stop" at IAH Immigraton?

Flew into IAH from SJO last weekend. Horrendous lines for immigration.
As I was entering the line, saw a large sign for "One Stop," indicating that if one had no checked baggage or an international connection, he could use that lane. Sign did not specify any additional preconditions.
There was only one "One Stop" lane, but with very few people there. It was separate from Global Entry lane.
The Red Coat Wranglers said I could not use it.
I asked for more info, but nothing was forthcoming. I believe this program is only at IAH at this time; haven't seen it at JFK, EWR, IAD, LAX or ORD in the last 3 months.
Nearly 2 hours later, getting to the CBP agent, I was tempted to complain about being denied access to that lane, but passed since I had a tight connection.
Anyone used this lane so far?
I understand that one can be sent over for more checking if everything doesn't satisfy the CBP agent, but the Red Coats were not very cooperative with letting me access that lane.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:31 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you have checked bags?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
As far as I know it's exclusive to Houston IAH; anyone without checked bags is eligible to use it.

http://www.fly2houston.com/OneStop

Combined with Global Entry it's incredibly fast, but even without GOES it saves you the wait for the customs inspection.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:56 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Don't get me started on the red shirts...it seems like every airport employs the same group of yahoos for this service. Is there any common sense test involved? Wait, don't answer that...

Anyway back to OneStop, if the line is short enough it is nice my fellow travellers tell me (I haven't used it, I use GE) It does run you out the same exit that Global Entry uses if you have no checked luggage, which takes you through the secondary inspection area and out the door past where they do the US Custom's card pick-up. So it does save you the wait on the custom's side.

Int'l to Int'l pax on UA can also use it because UA has a deal with CBP at IAH (not sure if they do at other airports) where a pax on an int'l to int'l connection can check their bags all the way through without having to reclaim and recheck (e.g. LHR-IAH-BZE or CDG-IAh-MEX). UA talks it up often on their flights into IAH from overseas.

One still has to reclear TSA on the int'l to int'l connection sadly, but it is the closest thing to a positive int'l to int'l transfer in the US these days it seems.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:05 am

ORD is working on getting this up and running before peak season starts. These lines will be used for passengers that have ZERO checked baggage. The numbers say between 8-10% of passengers fall into this.

Nice to see IAH already has there's up and running.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:42 pm

Cool! Seems that us foreigners arent excluded - real bonus considering I have spent over 4 h in immigration lines in the past. Maybe I should schedule next connections through IAH.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ari
Did you have checked bags?
No checked bags.
I explained to the Red Coat that I felt I was eligible to use that line.
Rude shout: "You need to go over there."
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:34 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by Rawan
No checked bags.
I explained to the Red Coat that I felt I was eligible to use that line.
Rude shout: "You need to go over there."
You were eligible...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.