Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Body Scanners at Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:06 am

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by had47
Can anyone confirm if the scanners are indeed full body xray scanners (the kind with high radiation)?
We just passed through Frankfurt yesterday, and although the signs said you could opt out and do a pat down instead, the guy at the machine gave us a very hard time. He said he was going to call the police over. He was incredulous that a family of 4 would opt out. My husband finally went through, but then he bullied the rest of us, asking personal questions about why we wanted to opt out, what health conditions did we have that we thought we could opt out.
Why do they have a sign saying you can opt out if they bully you when you ask to opt out? We didn't give in, and eventually got pat downs.
The devices are the L3 MMW scanners. I opted out and no issues, I was asked why and I politely said I do not go through scanners. EU law requires the ability to opt out.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...o-opt-out.html
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:00 am
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by guflyer
Does anyone know--if one opts out of these body scanners, is it like at Schipol where the pat-down is not bad (unlike the US pat-down)?
My experience at Schiphol has ranged from cursory patdowns to palms-forward touching of the genitals during the patdowns. I despise Schiphol's practices as much as I despise the TSA's.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
As FlyingUnderTheRadar notes, the current thread on FRA scanners/opt-out issues is in the Practical forum:

New (Microwave) Scanners at FRA - No "opt-out"?.

Please continue the discussion there.

---------
essxjay
TS/S moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.