Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW, TSA/nude o scope questions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

DFW, TSA/nude o scope questions?

How bad are the TSA agents in DFW? Are there any security points where there are no nude-o-scope machines and I can virtually guarantee going through one of the older security machines? I will be lfying AA, but I'm not sure which terminal I will need to be at, probably terminal D.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by tt1122
How bad are the TSA agents in DFW? Are there any security points where there are no nude-o-scope machines and I can virtually guarantee going through one of the older security machines? I will be lfying AA, but I'm not sure which terminal I will need to be at, probably terminal D.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
The really cool thing about DFW is that you can pick and choose your security line...but you have to go around the airport and I am not familiar enough to tell you which ones have the NoS or not. There are a max of 2 lanes per checkpoint, but as I said...some have NoS and others don't. Unless you are very familiar with the airport, it really is a craps shoot.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:56 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...y-scanner.html

DFW is listed...
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:05 pm

You can also always check TSA Status at tsastatus.net. Here's the page for DFW: http://www.tsastatus.net/search.php?...r+this+airport!

AA at checkpoint A23 seems to be scanner-free. Other areas are listed as using the millimeter wave scanners. I don't know whether it's possible to reach all the gates from A23.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
I have not seen one yet at Terminal E (DL, Virgin, Alaska).
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by mybodyismyown
You can also always check TSA Status at tsastatus.net. Here's the page for DFW: http://www.tsastatus.net/search.php?...r+this+airport!

AA at checkpoint A23 seems to be scanner-free. Other areas are listed as using the millimeter wave scanners. I don't know whether it's possible to reach all the gates from A23.
the train (forget the name) is within security. You can reach any gate from any part of the airport...it just may take a while! Be prepared to walk.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jco613

the train (forget the name) is within security. You can reach any gate from any part of the airport...it just may take a while! Be prepared to walk.
I believe it is called the Skylink. Poster is correct, beyond any security you can ride it in a loop covering terminals A-E. Good idea.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:32 pm

If you are flying thru DFW and don't have get your luggage (or a smoke), then the whole airport is pretty safe. You can get to all of the gates without leaving the "secure" area the Skylink train can get you to any gate in under 15 minutes.

If you are leaving from DFW, then all of C and D are bad news. A23 was still WTMD only the last time I flew. I think there are still a couple of MMW free gates in E for those that fly on other airlines.

FWIW, all the non-WTMD scanners at DFW are MMW with the gumby imaging software. No Backscatter.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2mm; Hilton Diamond
+1 Use tsastatus.net. It's been extremely accurate in my experience.

In addition to A23; C29, B26, and E16 appear to allow a choice between AIT and WTMD. All gates are connected airside via SkytrAAin and/or a little walking, but the walk isn't bad and the SkyTrAAin never takes more than 10 minutes. You're adding at most 20 minutes door to gate. Well worth it, IMO.

Also, this thread should be in "practical issues," not "debate."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.