Wiki Posts
Search

Major Security Threats!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2012, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Major Security Threats!!!

If I want to avoid being irradiated, I get to experience the TSA fondle.

But if I borrow a child, the TSA will allow me and the child to avoid the body scanners and just go through the metal detector.

As I said to the TSA clerk yesterday when I opted out and the family behind me went through the metal detector, "I sure hope a terrorist doesn't borrow a child to avoid your nonsense."

When he finished the grope--ignoring the bottom of my feet as they always do, I lifted my foot to show him the bottom and said, "Good thing I didn't have flat knife taped to the bottom of my foot."

Flight crew member behind me goes through in civilian clothes with her flight attendant ID around her neck. Sent through the See You Naked machine and she opted out. While she was being patted down, I looked over at her and said, "I guess you would have been less of a security threat if you had just put on your uniform before going through security.

The TSA. On the front line of showing how out-of-control our government truly is.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:17 pm

Did you not get the memo? No humor allowed at the checkpoint - you really are risking not being allowed to fly that day - not to mention a fine or two which they might actually enforce.

/just saying
Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Why get started? Doesn't seem to be worth it to me.

Mike
Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by mikeef

Mike
Exactly. Something about teaching a pig to sing applies here.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75
Exactly. Something about teaching a pig to sing applies here.
My goal when dealing with airport security is to (in this order)

1) Avoid the NoS
*SDOO if possible...I do not go out of my way for a pat down
2) Make sure the TSA follows proper protocol
3) Do what I can to make sure they realize how stupid some of their rules are.

However, I will not violate said rules or go out of my way to ruin someones day. That is why I pack my LGAs in my checked bag and ensure that I am ready to go as quickly as possible. I let them do their thing (unless they meet "resistance") and if they do anything that I feel would threaten my safety or well being (and this has not happened yet) I would call for a supervisor and LEO immediately. However, as I said, going out of your way and making comments like that is not how we get our message across. I believe in being respectful if they are to you and I have found that the old "kill them with kindness" idea goes a long way and works most of the time. So, let's not make jokes about terrorists or stupid comments, or go out of our way to get on their nerves. It's just stupid.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:20 pm

I am a "senior" at Krogers and Ross stores at 55 years old, SS and ( I think the airlines ) count me as senior at 65, many other places at 62. The TSA thinks 75 is the borderline. I said it before, I will continue to go for the opt-out, let them touch my old body and go home and feel great about it. A retired pilot walking with a cane, flying 50 times a year and they still see me as threat? Did I mention my Japanese wife, now she really is a threat??? This is a nutty country. Too bad we cannot avoid it.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by Always Flyin

But if I borrow a child, the TSA will allow me and the child to avoid the body scanners and just go through the metal detector.

As I said to the TSA clerk yesterday when I opted out and the family behind me went through the metal detector, "I sure hope a terrorist doesn't borrow a child to avoid your nonsense."

When he finished the grope--ignoring the bottom of my feet as they always do, I lifted my foot to show him the bottom and said, "Good thing I didn't have flat knife taped to the bottom of my foot."

Flight crew member behind me goes through in civilian clothes with her flight attendant ID around her neck. Sent through the See You Naked machine and she opted out. While she was being patted down, I looked over at her and said, "I guess you would have been less of a security threat if you had just put on your uniform before going through security.

The TSA. On the front line of showing how out-of-control our government truly is.
I don't get why the flight attendant didn't go through the employees line? Even in civilian clothes and if she's not working, she could've done i.t
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
I don't get why the flight attendant didn't go through the employees line? Even in civilian clothes and if she's not working, she could've done i.t
Well common sense tells you that, but this is the TSA. I tried this last week at CMH, but not in uniform. No go, had to get x-rayed or gropped, only crew members in uniform can get the metal detector. So I'm more of a threat in civillian clothes than I am in my pilots outfit.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin

^ Good for you. Everybody can have their own way of showing their displeasure of our government and the idiots in it's employ.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Darkumbra
Did you not get the memo? No humor allowed at the checkpoint - you really are risking not being allowed to fly that day - not to mention a fine or two which they might actually enforce.
I truly don't care if they don't allow me to fly that day, and I make sure they know it. it's really the only power they have.

Care to guess how many fines have been assessed for my behavior? I'll put money on it and say, "None." Even if they tried that, I'd love to challenge it.

Assessing a fine for a violation of a policy they can't show you? Yeah, good luck on that one.

Originally Posted by mikeef
To me, blindly taking their unconstitutional behavior is acquiescing to it. If all the sheep in the queues stood up to the TSA, demanded to opt out, and wrote their representatives every time they flew, this nonsense would stop.

But sheep don't do that and the TSA knows it.

I have no problem with legitimate security, but this is worse than bad theater.

People have died to obtain and protect the rights we have. I am not going to just stand there and allow the TSA to unilaterally take them away.

Originally Posted by cheesewiz
Well common sense tells you that, but this is the TSA. I tried this last week at CMH, but not in uniform. No go, had to get x-rayed or gropped, only crew members in uniform can get the metal detector. So I'm more of a threat in civillian clothes than I am in my pilots outfit.
Exactly right. More TSA nonsense.

Originally Posted by jtodd
^ Good for you. Everybody can have their own way of showing their displeasure of our government and the idiots in it's employ.
Precisely. Too bad more people don't do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.