Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2013, 8:47 am
Original Poster

From yesterday evening at LAX - Lane 3 with a bonus of 6 TSOs:

And Lane 4:

Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
One picture, six TSOs, five standing around doing nothing except gawking and perhaps talking to each other.

That's what really jumps out at me in each of these pictures - the number of purposeless, lounging TSOs. (Note the one a few posts earlier - very professional, an alert, on-the-front-lines TSO lounging, elbow on the machine).

Disneyland and Wendy's employees convey a more alert and professional attitude.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: Former AA Gold, SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ND Sol
No, MMW at IAH. However, the photos show that the sign was on one of the x-ray machines and not the other. So is it okay to stick your hand in the one that doesn't have the sign?
My guess is yes.

Tx for the LOL, by the way.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 3:19 pm

I've always wanted to see what my travel box looks like. 18 cigars in 3 foam trays - look Mildred, somebody brought his dy-nee-mite this morning!
Old Jul 9, 2013, 6:25 am
Original Poster

On our Independence Day at IAH, Terminal E, another monitor not being protected while the TSO in front is doing a secondary. I do have to say that this was my best TSA experience in quite some time. For the first time, my medical exception worked for only getting the WTMD and no groping. Also, no name game in Terminal E.

Old Jul 9, 2013, 6:27 am
Original Poster

This was from Terminal 1 at ORD on July 7th. Another monitor not being protected (and it wasn't the only one).

Old Jul 9, 2013, 7:19 am

On our Independence Day at IAH, Terminal E, another monitor not being protected while the TSO in front is doing a secondary. I do have to say that this was my best TSA experience in quite some time. For the first time, my medical exception worked for only getting the WTMD and no groping. Also, no name game in Terminal E.
Are you saying that the screener doing the secondary was also responsible for watching the x-ray images?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Are you saying that the screener doing the secondary was also responsible for watching the x-ray images?
No, there was another TSO working the x-ray. But TSA still doesn't want to protect SSI even when it is obvious and continuous.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 6:54 am

No, there was another TSO working the x-ray. But TSA still doesn't want to protect SSI even when it is obvious and continuous.
Thanks for the clarification. How can they possibly call it SSI when the screens are exposed for all to see?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

DRO

Yesterday at DRO:

I do like the "Message from TSA Administrator John S. Pistole". How about a message concerning the protection of what you consider to be SSI?

Two x-ray machines at DRO: one of those has its screen visible while standing in line and the other after you exit. One WTMD.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:15 am

Not a stupid question at all. 99.9% of the world would not know what it means! (I hate jargon, abbreviations etc.
SSI - Stands for Sensitive Security Information.
-
Check this out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensiti...ty_Information
Old Oct 12, 2013, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by chollie
One picture, six TSOs, five standing around doing nothing except gawking and perhaps talking to each other. That's what really jumps out at me in each of these pictures - the number of purposeless, lounging TSOs.
Perhaps standing around doing nothing explains the average size of the TSOs pictured thus far in this thread. @:-)
Old May 13, 2016, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

This morning at IAH, Terminal B at 7:30 this morning and Pre was not running as only one x-ray was working. But everyone could see it:
Attached Images  
Old May 14, 2016, 4:21 pm

TSA FAQ

Can I film and take photos at a security checkpoint?

TSA does not prohibit photographing, videotaping or filming at security checkpoints, as long as the screening process is not interfered with or sensitive information is not revealed.

Interference with screening includes but is not limited to holding a recording device up to the face of a TSA officer so that the officer is unable to see or move, refusing to assume the proper stance during screening, blocking the movement of others through the checkpoint or refusing to submit a recording device for screening.

Additionally, you may not film or take pictures of equipment monitors that are shielded from public view.

************************************************** ******************************************

All the screens you showed ARE NOT "shielded from public view";

Therefore you ARE PREMITTED to take pictures and film the screens which ARE NOT "shielded from public view"

Print out each TSA statement on filming, and when challenged present it to the TSA Manager. Ofcourse you would likely get some TSA Manager saying "I didn't put that website on."
Old May 15, 2016, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gingersnaps
TSA FAQ

Can I film and take photos at a security checkpoint?

TSA does not prohibit photographing, videotaping or filming at security checkpoints, as long as the screening process is not interfered with or sensitive information is not revealed.

Additionally, you may not film or take pictures of equipment monitors that are shielded from public view.
Exactly how would I be able to, "take pictures of equipment monitors that are shielded from public view"?

In addition, "covered persons" are the ones that have the duty to protect SSI. As a passenger standing in line, I am not a "covered person" so I can take photos of the monitors so long as I am not "interfering in the screening process". Whether "sensitive information is revealed" is the duty of the TSOs to ensure; that is not a burden upon me so the FAQ is wrong on that matter.

I prefer to rely on the TSA SOP, which a version I have states in Section 2.7:

C. Whenever possible, x-ray machine images must not be visible to the public or press. When physical constraints prevent x-ray images from being fully protected from public viewing, TSOs must ensure no member of the public or press is in a position to observe an x-ray monitor for an extended period of time. Passengers and other unauthorized individuals must not be allowed to view EDS or ETD monitors and screens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.