Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Sacramento International Airport Dropping TSA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sacramento International Airport Dropping TSA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by castrobenes
Maybe the confusion here is my fault. I don't know about any potential procedural changes. I was making a prediction that a pat-down change will happen not telling you that I know anything about one that is actually planned.

You seem to be arguing about the intrusiveness about a hypothetical procedural change that hasn't even been planned yet, which would be absurd.

castro
All right. You said "The pat-down will change but not go away. Flyertalk consensus will be that it is worse, and that we are on the brink of TSA going away."

I interpreted that to mean the gropes are here to stay (not a surprise, unfortunately). In your next sentence, you say that FT'ers (pax) will think that 'it' is worse. I assumed that 'it' referred to the gropes that 'will change' in the previous sentence

I wasn't looking for an argument, just explaining to you why I interpreted your words the way I did.

And I don't mean to sound argumentative, but I have had patdowns overseas. What I get every time I fly is by no stretch of the imagination an accurate use of the word 'pat'. When fingers contract and grip my legs or hit body parts with enough force to cause me to flinch, it is no longer a pat. I don't use the word to be gratuitously inflammatory, I use it because it is much more accurate. And yes, I realize that you are most likely not the individual responsible for TSA's choice of language. .
Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When you read this, move your finger very slowly so that you can understand.

castro
Really?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I am arguing that decision took place in an atmosphere only made possible because contractors were ready to sell them the machines. Remember SPP does not remove the AIT.
Ah, the "contractors made the machines and that forced me to buy them" rationale.

LOL, you just keep digging yourself in a bigger hole.

Concentrate real hard here because you're almost there... The contractors profit (they make money) by selling services to the government. Historically (that means in the past) contractors have had influence over the government officials that purchase their services.
Your smarta** attempts at humor aside, no contractor forces the government to purchase anything. In fact, you continue to display your absolute ignorance as to how government procurement works. But keep on digging.

If you're goal is to reduce the federal role in airport screening, adding contractors into the process prevents (stops) that from happening.
Wrong. Just plain wrong. But thanks for playing.

Last edited by halls120; Aug 18, 2012 at 11:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.