TSA at Chicago Amtrak - video

Old Jul 27, 2012, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
TSA at Chicago Amtrak - video

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...hp_ref=chicago
Old Jul 27, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Wow. The second video is....wow.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DillMan
Yeah. It's hard to believe anyone that stupid is allowed to wander around in public, let alone wear a badge.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
20 seconds into the second one, the policeman says he isn't stupid. Is the fact that the clerks are stupid SSI?

Mad props to the first person who encounters a clerk in a situation like this and gets him to say "Do you want to fly today?"
Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2mm; Hilton Diamond
Given the attitude of the cop, I'm surprised the blogger didn't say "Am I being detained, or am I free to go?" earlier than he did.

The cop in the second video is an idiot. Nobody needs to get permission before filming a police officer in public (with, I believe, some rare exceptions, of which this is not one.)
Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by DillMan
Who are these cops? They should be fired immediately.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:51 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
But I thought this was America

America, nuthin'

Brilliant, just brilliant
Old Jul 28, 2012, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Caradoc
Yeah. It's hard to believe anyone that stupid is allowed to wander around in public, let alone wear a badge.
+1
Old Jul 29, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: Ham Sandwich Medallion
I love how the second video wasn't really negative towards the TSA at all, aside from showing that three of them were (maybe) having lunch. The blogger wasn't harassed by the TSA; he was harassed by a couple of transit cops with big egos and little knowledge of the applicable laws. I've got to admit, I greatly enjoyed it when the first cop told the blogger he was trespassing. You know you've got a cop beat when he changes from the original offense to "trespassing", especially because, in most states, the owner or a representative of the property's owner has to tell you that you're trespassing before the police can tell you to leave.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by UshuaiaHammerfest
Nobody needs to get permission before filming a police officer in public (with, I believe, some rare exceptions, of which this is not one.)
I understand in Illinois, permission to AUDIO record is required by both sides. The CPD has worked very hard to protect this law (based on old wire-tapping laws not relevant in the modern world) in order to make sure they are not recorded. Recently there has been some movement in state court saying that police in public doing their job have not expectation of privacy, so the law is not violated.

People have recently been prosecuted for recording police in public in IL, and the case law is far from settled.

(Note this all from my reading of news articles, and I have no legal insight into this).
Old Aug 7, 2012, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by cparekh
I understand in Illinois, permission to AUDIO record is required by both sides. The CPD has worked very hard to protect this law (based on old wire-tapping laws not relevant in the modern world) in order to make sure they are not recorded. Recently there has been some movement in state court saying that police in public doing their job have not expectation of privacy, so the law is not violated.

People have recently been prosecuted for recording police in public in IL, and the case law is far from settled.

(Note this all from my reading of news articles, and I have no legal insight into this).
This is true - IL division of the ACLU is all over this in court. Pretty amazing, only here in Illinois.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.