Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The backside on form I94

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

The backside on form I94

Upon entering the United States all foreigners with a non immigrant visa (with a few exceptions) are given a white form called I94. When you look on the backpage (sample here: http://forms.cbp.gov/pdf/arrival.pdf) you will see this side for government use only with primary and secondary inspection. What I am wondering about is what all the codes under reason referred means like 212A, PP, Parole etc on the back side? Is this side only used when you have to go through a secondary inspection?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
212A I would hazard a guess refers to the Immigration & Nationality Act 212 part (a) which deals with reasons of ineligibility for entry: http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/S...-0-0-2006.html

Parole will probably be something to do with that lovely term called advanced parole.

No idea regarding the rest.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 8:38 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
When I was a student, the officer always had to write some information from my I-20 form such as the Program Number and Name of the University.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 12:45 am

Programs: US, UA, Marriott, SPG, HH Silver
Originally Posted by B7e7US
When I was a student, the officer always had to write some information from my I-20 form such as the Program Number and Name of the University.
I've had everything between nothing and SEVIS number, school name and location.

SEVIS is where all international students and their dependents are registered (not sure if they got more people in there too)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.