GSN: TSA names John Halinski Deputy Administrator (effective July 1, 2012)

Subscribe
Administrator Pistole has picked his new right hand man:

Government Security News:
TSA names John Halinski deputy administrator
Wed, 2012-06-20 07:46 AM

A short quote:
TSA named a 25-year Marine Corps veteran and current assistant administrator for its global strategies office as the agency’s new right-hand man.

John Halinski will serve as the new deputy administrator beginning on July 1, said TSA. Halinski replaces Gale Rossides, who last month announced her retirement after more than 34 years of service, said TSA.
Makes one wonder whatever happened to "once a Marine, always a Marine," and that much-vaunted "Marine honor."
As I'm reading the org chart, John W. Halinski is the Deputy Administrator of the TSA. There are sixteen Assistant Administrators, with Christopher L. McLaughlin as the Assistant Administrator for Security Operations. And as best I can tell, the person "responsible" (operationally?) for airport security is the Deputy Assistant Administrator for Security Operations (guess that's the most senior tactical operator for airport security operations, the AA-SO would be more strategic?), who was Kelly Hoggan, yet I'm having trouble figuring out his replacement, as he has moved over to the Assistant Administrator for Office of Security Capabilities (guess that's a promotion).
Quote: Makes one wonder whatever happened to "once a Marine, always a Marine," and that much-vaunted "Marine honor."
^^