testing eye drops

Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by BubbaLoop
I on the other hand have a sneaky suspicion it went something like this:

1. TSA purchases thousands of test strips to detect peroxides because they are (unjustifiably, in my opinion) afraid of peroxides.
2. TSOs find out the hard way that passengers dont like them to dip the strips into their drinks/medicines/etc.
3. Higher TSA power decides to use strips in alternate "waving above flask" manner, without regard for the methodological principles behind the test strips.
4. Testing is deemed a success, because no planes explode because of peroxides.
Don't forget the part where the TSA can't figure out that people drinking a drink and not dying means there are no peroxides in said drink.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Pesky Monkey
Don't forget the part where the TSA can't figure out that people drinking a drink and not dying means there are no peroxides in said drink.
TSA-think: "But the evil tewwowist could just be pretending to drink his peroxide solution!!!"

Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Mad_Max_Esq
Did you read the information in the links you provided? The vapor detection, i.e., contactless, systems do not indicate that they can test for peroxide. The systems that can test for peroxide all describe dropping the liquid on a strip or other testing mechanism, i.e., contacting the liquid. So, what "proof" has been provided to show Bubba is incorrect?
His was a blanket statement, no real need for me to show him as incorrect, his statement was incorrect on its face. Nor did I provide a comprehensive listing of test strips, as I stated. Please feel free to do your own research on the subject, I have provided you with a bit of direction to start you out.

Originally Posted by Combat Medic
Opening a factory sealed container will trigger a (usually) 30day expiration. If all of the containers are opened so that the test strips can be waived over them then those containers are on their way to being destroyed.
Pretty generic reasoning there CM. Please be a bit more specific

Originally Posted by StanSimmons
What are your professional credentials for chemical testing?
Obviously I am a TSO, and that is all that is needed for the testing we do. But since you bring it up, interesting that no one is asking Bubba what his Professional credentials are to be making such outlandish and unsupported statements. Im sure that if he were to explain his own credentials we would all have a better understanding of why he feels he can make that statement.

Originally Posted by BubbaLoop
This device indeed does detect explosive traces in the air. It detects (according to its manufacturers specifications) TNT, RDX, PETN and NG. It does not detect peroxides.

My case still stands.
On thin air.

Read more. You missed quite a bit.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by TSORon
His was a blanket statement, no real need for me to show him as incorrect, his statement was incorrect on its face. Nor did I provide a comprehensive listing of test strips, as I stated. Please feel free to do your own research on the subject, I have provided you with a bit of direction to start you out.

Obviously I am a TSO, and that is all that is needed for the testing we do. But since you bring it up, interesting that no one is asking Bubba what his Professional credentials are to be making such outlandish and unsupported statements. Im sure that if he were to explain his own credentials we would all have a better understanding of why he feels he can make that statement.

On thin air.

Once again Ron answers a bunch of posts with "Nuh Uh!"
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Obviously I am a TSO, and that is all that is needed for the testing we do.
Which is a pretty damning indictment of the test in itself .

"So simple even a caveman could do it".
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: United
That's what I got out of that post.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:47 am
Suspended

What did you honestly expect from someone who claims in public to be an employee of the most reviled agency in the history of the United States?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:02 am

On thin air.

Such wise analysis!

May I provide you with a complimentary megaphone? It might increase the chances of reforming your disreputable agency.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:02 am

I am a scientist, a full professor in one of the worlds most prestigious universities. One of the many things we do in my laboratory is detect peroxides in liquid solutions. According to both Scopus and the Web of Knowledge I have ~30 peer-reviewed publications in indexed journals with the word "peroxide" or "H2O2" in the title or abstract.

On thin air.

Since I seem to miss "quite a bit" of your information, could you please point me exactly to the part in which a test strip (not an electronic "sniffer" like the one you showed here, which, by the way, also does not detect peroxides) waved above a solution is capable of detecting peroxides.

You could provide a real service to my lab here - if such a miraculously sensitive technology exists in a simple test strip form, it would be very useful for our studies...
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MrColdShower
It might increase the chances of reforming your disreputable agency.
"...let me do the math here -- nothing into nothing, carry the nothing -- still nothing..."
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Combat Medic
I knew there was a reason that I went into computers and not something that uses organic chemistry.
This is not "organic" chemistry. Long live stoichiometry!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by Caradoc
"...let me do the math here -- nothing into nothing, carry the nothing -- still nothing..."
That is the second arcane, trivial, and entertaining reference to that show that I've had in the last 24 hours, and both from the same episode.

I should seek help... yet why?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbagdon
That is the second arcane, trivial, and entertaining reference to that show that I've had in the last 24 hours, and both from the same episode.

I should seek help... yet why?
"As long's I can walk, they say I'm free,
TSA took the sky from me."
Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Caradoc
"As long's I can walk, they say I'm free,
TSA took the sky from me."
^

I am a leaf on the wind.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by littlesheep
^

I am a leaf on the wind.
"...watch how I s-GACK!"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.