Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Expansion of PreCheck Announced - Does PreCheck Change Your Mind About TSA Policies?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expansion of PreCheck Announced - Does PreCheck Change Your Mind About TSA Policies?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
Some of the AFS types will actually enjoy it. "Dang, Martha, I sure feel safe now that the TSA made sure I don't have explosives in my shorts!"

Some of them will resent it, but be reassured by the fact that the rest of the line was those suspicious French and Australian and Brazilian people.

Most of the AFS types have never been further from home than the parking lot at WalMart, which means they've never been to the airport, much less on a plane.
My first thought yet again is 'I love RG' and my second thought is that we need RG to spread the message as she does it so well.

Many of us have read and heard the babble from AFS and infrequent travellers who seem to truly believe that the way passengers are screened in the rest of the world is 'bad' and 'unsafe' because we do not demand shoe removal, or touch people intimately, or have body scanners.

As I again just went though security here in Germany it was clear to me that so many Americans, including many who travel abroad, are so indoctrinated to believe the message which TSA has delivered in the past few years.

Why shouldn't the majority of travellers in US airports be screened just as passengers are screened in the rest of the world, and not just a trusted few?

My final answer is money. It's about kick backs, job creation on the lowest entry level, and maintaining the industry of fear so prevalent in the US in 2011.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.