Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What You Won't See In US Media

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
If you think the USA is the epitome of "1984" you also need to check what's happening in the U.K. and the broad expansion soon to come. No, it doesn't excuse the erosions to our civil liberties, such as the new bomb the USSC announced allowing ANYONE detained by law enforcement for ANY REASON to be subjected to a strip search, but beyond street camera surveillance the U.K. is looking to add a vareity of other intrusions into people's lives.
You've got both the conservatives and liberals of the Supreme Court working to strip us of our civil liberties, just from different angles. Taken together, both sides of the Court are helping to rapidly take this country the way of the UK, and that's not a good thing.

I very recently returned to the US after being away for a year. I am in awe of the exponential increase in the number of cameras/surveillance equipment installed everywhere I go in the state where I live, done in just the year I've been gone. It's only going to get worse, as the younger generation has no problem with such intrusions. Heck, they don't even consider them to be intrusions. After all, they eagerly post their entire lives on facebook for everyone to see, as if the bowl of cereal eaten this morning is oh-so-interesting.

It's always disappointing to see no one else opting out of the naked-body scanners. It was heartening to see ONE person opt out--someone a little younger than me, wearing a Harvard sweatshirt. I guessed he was some student with principles.

Last edited by Marilu; Jul 10, 2012 at 8:40 am
Old Jan 22, 2013, 9:21 pm

Now I understand truth about the US media.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by doober
This is very old news, but I came back to FT to look up something and randomly clicked on this old board.

Hm.. Gee I wonder if politics may have anything to do with this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-n...-israel-2012-9

PS- now, this is mere hearsay, but according to relative of mine with over 40 years LEO experience, police departments and FBI are not always "chummy". This is just my personal opinion but I wonder if the PDs share data with the FBI so that the FBI can actually keep tabs on them. Just my opinion.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:19 am

Because this is Aljazeera which shows new from Arab not US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.