Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pistole on Trusted-Traveller program

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Those clerks have been busy!

Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler

How can a study supporting the ETHICS of "behavior detection" be CLASSIFIED? (or is it just SSI)

Is there something to hide in the study? Afraid of the study being reviewed by independent professionals who are not in on the take from the TSA?
Of course there is.

The entire and only purpose of classification is to hide the information from the public so that it cannot be used against the government. This is true nuclear weapon technology. Its also true of ethical evaluations.

Clearly, the study showed that the Blueshirts are acting un-ethically (which anyone with half a brain can plainly see), therefore the study was classified.

Last edited by TsaAbuseWatch; Aug 26, 2011 at 4:35 pm
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:40 pm

America can't be "really safe" till all those people are locked up in prison. Maybe China will pay to support 100 percent of us behind bars?
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Hey Friendly Skies - been a while since I logged on but man you did a great job on that map! Is it possible to get this as an avatar??
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Those clerks have been busy!

While those who do such things should be punished, including criminal charges is warranted, with so many of tens of thousands of screeners, and with (as claimed on this site) such a high turn-over rate, how can you say they have "been busy"? This map covers years of incidents. Heck, I would expect many more stars for such a large screening force. Check any mid-sized city police department of just a few hundred to a thousand or so police officers and you will find many more "issues" in just one year.

If anything, this map indicates that most (almost all) screeners do what they should. And yes, I know most here will not accept it...
Old Oct 5, 2011, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by SATTSO
If anything, this map indicates that most (almost all) screeners do what they should. And yes, I know most here will not accept it...
And most (almost all) passengers do what they should when they attempt to fly aboard a commercial aircraft. Yet, because of an infinitesimally small number of folks with malicious intent, all passengers have to undergo time-consuming, costly, and invasive screening. Is that fair?

TSA should hold itself to the same standard to which it holds its passengers. Sure, I'll grant you that most TSOs do what the should. What of it? That doesn't excuse the bad behavior of the others. And as much as TSA press releases would like to state otherwise, the bad behavior of those few TSOs does, in fact, reflect badly on the thousands who act rightly.

When the President of the United States makes TSA a punchline in his State of the Union address, you know you've got an image problem as an agency. You don't fix the problem by asking people to look at all the things that aren't problems.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:32 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SATTSO
While those who do such things should be punished, including criminal charges is warranted, with so many of tens of thousands of screeners, and with (as claimed on this site) such a high turn-over rate, how can you say they have "been busy"? This map covers years of incidents. Heck, I would expect many more stars for such a large screening force. Check any mid-sized city police department of just a few hundred to a thousand or so police officers and you will find many more "issues" in just one year.

Let's suppose that just one of 60K is fired or caught in a crime per week. .0017%. The 1 may be high as there is no way to know. It may also be low.

From the This Week thread, 34 in a week out of 1 million per day (low according to a quick search), 7 million per week. .00049%

That is a 7:2 ratio. 7 TSO's to 2 PAX.

(Please feel free to check my math, it is late.)
Old Oct 6, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: DL, WN, US, Avis, AA
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Let's suppose that just one of 60K is fired or caught in a crime per week. .0017%. The 1 may be high as there is no way to know. It may also be low.

From the This Week thread, 34 in a week out of 1 million per day (low according to a quick search), 7 million per week. .00049%

That is a 7:2 ratio. 7 TSO's to 2 PAX.

(Please feel free to check my math, it is late.)
Another way to put it is as follows:

Almost every TSA employee will spend an entire career and never encounter a terrorist trying to transit the checkpoint. Almost everyone who flies frequently (say twice a month) will be screened at least once every few years by a thief in a TSA uniform.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 12:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by GUWonder
TSA strip search machines will continue to be used on "trusted travelers".
+1

And "trusted travellers" who are also physically unable to 'assume and hold the position" in the NoS will continue to be groped.

Everyone knows physical limitations are suspicious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.