Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Al Lews @ Marketwatch: TSA groping just another day at the airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags

Marketwatch.com has posted an interesting Al Lewis piece, in which he slams John Pistole.

Here is the link:

Here's a short, two-sentence quote of the piece:
Pistole, in case you’ve wondered, is proud of his name, which is pronounced just like the gun. And if you were to say his name at a TSA checkpoint, you could be charged with a felony.

Last edited by RatherBeOnATrain; Aug 24, 2011 at 8:23 am Reason: Added date & time to the link
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
As per usual, most of the comments on that story mirror the prevailing attitude here at FT, which is highly critical of TSA and Pistole in particular.

But one comment made me laugh out loud:

k2r asked, "Did TSA EVER catch a real terrorist?"

Orygun Duck replied, "Lots. The airlines don't want you to know the plots that have been prevented. It makes people cancel and want refunds. There is a lot you guys don't know, that doesn't make it to the media."

What a LOAD!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:25 pm

Change "Pistole" to "Pigstole". Gotta wonder about the personality who sees all this going on and has no reaction. Sounds like a sociopath. Not totally original in government, but never a welcome development.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by LuvAirFrance
Change "Pistole" to "Pigstole". Gotta wonder about the personality who sees all this going on and has no reaction. Sounds like a sociopath. Not totally original in government, but never a welcome development.
Is that the Pistole that works for Janet Incompetano?

Last edited by 4nsicdoc; Aug 25, 2011 at 5:43 am
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by 4nsicdoc
I that the Pistole that works for Janet Incompetano?
Might be.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain
Pistole, in case you’ve wondered, is proud of his name, which is pronounced just like the gun. And if you were to say his name at a TSA checkpoint, you could be charged with a felony.
Oh, I think we have a new t-shirt here: "Don't try and fight terrorism with a Pistole"
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by JumboD
Oh, I think we have a new t-shirt here: "Don't try and fight terrorism with a Pistole"
especially a low caliber Pistole with a one inch barrel
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by WillCAD

Orygun Duck replied, "Lots. The airlines don't want you to know the plots that have been prevented. It makes people cancel and want refunds. There is a lot you guys don't know, that doesn't make it to the media."

What a LOAD!
If the TSA ever caught anything that even resembled a real terrorist, there would be a puppy post, public service announcement, award dinner and Super Bowl ad to announce it.

Mike
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by WillCAD

About a year ago someone posted an audio YouTube exchange between a guy trying to transit a customs checkpoint to Canada and a CBP officer. The guy was coming off like a jerk, so the officer quoted some ridiculously large number of terrorists they catch at that particular place. Not people with food products or something they forgot to declare, but terrorists.

I forget what the actual number he claimed was, but if anyone sat down and did a little critical thinking, it would become quite clear that it would take some significant infrastructure that does not exist just to process these people into custody.

So, you have random DHS people spouting nonsense, which the conspiracy theorists glean to support their own paranoia.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JumboD
Bahahahahahaha
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:39 pm

“Nothing will ever guarantee expedited screening,” Pistole said. “Passengers will always be subject to random, unpredictable measures ... to prevent terrorists from gaming the system.”

Okay, so they want lots of personal information and I might STILL get groped? No thank you.

~~ Irish
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:03 pm

Don't those guys sound like the CIA coached them? Some things are too DANGEROUS for voters to know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.