Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to 'Resistance'?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Its "Resistance" at LAX Terminal 6 last week. Lets see what it will be this week in ORD and LAX as well as LAX and SFO and ORD next week. This circus makes me laugh and cry at the same time.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: Former UA 1P
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
As soon as you say a word accurately describing male or female genitals, including use of the word "genital" itself, a clerk is trained to immediately escalate the encounter. You might as well have said "bomb" to the clerk. Pretty soon, you are talking to a suit or a cop.
That has not been my experience. For every opt-out I have done (6-ish), I ask "are you going to touch my testicles?" or "are you going to touch my genitals?" They occasionally look very uncomfortable, but they always answer "no," and never have escalated. I also think this part of the encounter has helped me avoid being karate chopped in the "resistance" because the clerk is actively thinking about touching another man's genitals, which most straight men have no desire to do.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:44 pm

"Careful how you touch my scrotum. It is ticklish and I might start squirming and giggling"
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:01 pm

At LAX this AM, the term was 'til I reach your crotch. As it turns out, my balls prevented him from getting that far.

I was also offered the option to get groped in private. What the F is this all about? Is this a new thing to reduce the number of gropings on you tube?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by N965VJ
The TSA loves to change the names of things to suit their own PR.
Absolutely.

They don't have the balls to say "genitals" because the correct terms are not euphemistic and the public's reaction would increase. It's PR, pure and simple.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Man, my two year old son knows the word "penis," most recently used when he was having trouble putting on his underwear and shouted, "OH NO, MY PENIS!" Can't wait to see what happens if he ends up being groped at the airport...

Mike
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Man, my two year old son...
... is smarter than the average TSA stooge.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by ScatterX
At LAX this AM, the term was 'til I reach your crotch. As it turns out, my balls prevented him from getting that far.

I was also offered the option to get groped in private. What the F is this all about? Is this a new thing to reduce the number of gropings on you tube?
"In private". That is, with only TSA perverts watching through peep holes.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: United
I was told on Weds in OMA that he would be going up until the point where my legs met my torso. Why they can't just use the big by words is beyond me.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Combat Medic
I was told on Weds in OMA that he would be going up until the point where my legs met my torso. Why they can't just use the big by words is beyond me.
There's quite a distance between your legs and torso. If it happens to me, I might ask the clerk, "When you say torso, do you mean this?", and then do my best Michael Jackson crotch grab and pelvic thrust. Might even throw in a good Yeehee! or Oooh! for effect.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Rondall
There's quite a distance between your legs and torso. If it happens to me, I might ask the clerk, "When you say torso, do you mean this?", and then do my best Michael Jackson crotch grab and pelvic thrust. Might even throw in a good Yeehee! or Oooh! for effect.
I would pay good money to see the reaction of the clerk if and when you do this. Please make sure that someone is taking video!!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
Originally Posted by DeafBlonde
I would pay good money to see the reaction of the clerk if and when you do this. Please make sure that someone is taking video!!
2nd
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I've got first dibs on running the camera.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, 1.5MM, Marriot
This reminds me of a moment I recently had at ORD, in which I think I may have inadvertently come off as "creepy." I opted out, was getting the pat-down, and noticed that the pat down was a lot more thorough than on my previous journey in July.

I said, "Did you guys get more training or something? Because this pat-down is a lot better than the last one I had." That comment earned me a weird look and an uncomfortable, "I don't really know."

That SO wasn't what I meant. Criminey.

GG
Old Aug 26, 2011, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
I've got first dibs on running the camera.
Just make sure that it's an aesthetic scene.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.