Wiki Posts
Search

New TSA Blog Entry - 10 Yrs After

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:52 am
Original Poster

New TSA Blog Entry - 10 Yrs After

What rubbish;

"The Transportation Security Officers (TSO) working at 450 airports today are hired through a rigorous vetting process and extensive training..."

...think pizza box employment ads.

http://blog.tsa.gov/
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:00 am

This is going to be a fun one to watch.

Is the blog correct that 100% of all cargo transported on passenger jets departing US airports is screened? Also, what are the "Bottled Liquid Scanners"? I've never heard or seen anything about those. If those are in place, why do we still have the liquid restrictions?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spd476

Is the blog correct that 100% of all cargo transported on passenger jets departing US airports is screened? Also, what are the "Bottled Liquid Scanners"? I've never heard or seen anything about those. If those are in place, why do we still have the liquid restrictions?
Cargo is inspected by what TSA calls "trusted shippers" so while cargo may be inspected it isn't TSA who is doing the inspecting unless things have been changed.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a huge "Ten Years After 9/11" motorcycle ride heading from Hagerstown to the Pentagon tomorrow. I suspect that was the motivation for this latest puppy post.

9/11 Motorcycle Rally in DC Area
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by johnston21
What rubbish;

"The Transportation Security Officers (TSO) working at 450 airports today are hired through a rigorous vetting process and extensive training..."

"Millions of travelers violated. Not one plausible threat mitigated."
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:43 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Wow, it seems like their 5th was just five years ago, with a much better written press release

http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/...niversary.shtm
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by johnston21
What rubbish;

Perhaps someone will post why are convicted felons (robbery) are knowingly hired in Richmond (RIC) as TSA screeners.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:18 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by knotyeagle
Perhaps someone will post why are convicted felons (robbery) are knowingly hired in Richmond (RIC) as TSA screeners.
Damn, I didn't see your post and just finished asking the following of the blog team:
Was the TSA using its rigorous vetting process when it forced Richmond airport to get a SIDA badge to a convected felon that the TSA had hired?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:22 pm

This will be a pretty big event for the blue shirts this year.

Dont party to hard blue shirts and be sure to get yourself a designated driver.

And remember, if you get pulled over after your 9/11 party, don't show your fake badge to the real cop!

Btw, I hear the 9/11 bonus's this year will be great. They say you are getting new groping gloves!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Combat Medic
Damn, I didn't see your post and just finished asking the following of the blog team:
And you think that question will get a response from TSA?

Such responses require people of integrity.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
And you think that question will get a response from TSA?

Such responses require people of integrity.
No, I don't expect that anyone will answer it. I do hope that it will cause somebody to start thinking.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL 2.945MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond,
No, I don't expect that anyone will answer it. I do hope that it will cause somebody to start thinking.
Thinking requires brains!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by patom
Thinking requires brains!
I didn't say that the somebody would work for the TSA.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL 2.945MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond,
I didn't say that the somebody would work for the TSA.
Ah! Good. I was worried for a minute.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by spd476

If it's the machine I think it is, it's the one that's used to 'sniff' individual bottles, like baby bottles that have liquid in them. I think the name on the side of it was 'Rover' or something equally inane.

I saw one in action last summer @ IAH testing baby bottles the screener had taken from a parent. Chased down the dad after to tell him he would probably want to change out the nipple on the bottle given that the screener had literally put Rover's nose right on the uncapped nipple (ugh!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.