Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

German Police Say Body Scanners Are Useless

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

German Police Say Body Scanners Are Useless

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2011, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Bungnoid
The use of the word "outline" to describe the images produced by the naked scanners has been from the beginning pure propaganda. Based on the few images that have been released, we can see that the L3 MMW system produces a three-dimensional IMAGE of the subject's body, typically rendered in a silvery metallic tone; the Rapiscan x-ray backscatter units produce front and back two-dimensional monochrome IMAGES of the subject's body (with some skeletal penetration in certain areas added in), that sort of resemble black-and-white photographic negatives. Describing either of these as "outlines" is completely disingenuous and misleading, and I wish that TSA and the media had been challenged on this.
From pillar to post, the whole world *has* challenged them on this popaganda and laughed at the TSA. Everyone has seen the images. That's why comedians can joke about it. Everyone knows. They know the TSA is lying. The only thing TSA and mainstream media gained by these falsehoods is a complete loss of trust by anyone who still paid attention to them. The lies as well as the personal invasions has gutted popular support for TSA. It will be years before they get it back and that's IF they stop molesting innocent travelers.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
This scanner TV show test has been around for a while. I'm not sure where the English translation version is, but just by watching it is obvious that these things are an expensive jke. The scan starts at about 45 seconds in ... shortly thereafter what was concealed (and missed) is revealed ... and then demonstrated (at abut 6:45).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.