Search

Another Awesome Job, Blogdad Bob!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by SurlyJoe
How about the "Three Simple Steps to Security" listed on the TSA's Travel Tips PDF, SATTSO? Is it clearly apparent that it was edited as well? The only thing apparent to me is that TSA can't count to three.

http://www.tsa.gov/assets/pdf/311_brochure.pdf
Gosh, I missed that one... here's a cut-and-paste of the text on the flyer, which being government-produced, is in the public domain:
Three Simple Steps to Security
• Show your government-issued ID and boarding pass to the security officer at the checkpoint.
• Take your 3-1-1 bag out of your carry-on and place separately in bin. Declare all medically necessary liquids to a security officer at the checkpoint.
• Take laptops and other large electronics out of their cases and place in a separate bin for X-ray screening.
• Remove footwear and place in a bin for. Wearing footwear that can be easily removed helps speed the process. Please also remove jackets and sweaters and place in a bin.
Maybe they only expect us to do three of the four simple steps?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:32 am

Answer to seeming inconsistancy

SATTSO is an asset to this forum; not everyone would be willing to enter the lions' den and deal with us at all. I'm pained to see him/her in this situation where there is an obvious, easy fact that resolves this seeming error on the part of the TSA regarding basic integer math, but SATTSO is unable to call attention to it, since it is still currently deemed SSI.

I'll rescue him/her by pointing out that there has already been a public disclosure of this SSI here...

http://www.strangehorizons.com/2000/...t_number.shtml

{Note too, that in some systems of mathmatical notation this number is known as "Grid" rather than "Bleem".}

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.