Andrea Abbott Arrest Video Released

Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Mientree
That would only be a misdemeanor charge - read two paragraphs down for the felony charge.
Oops :blush:

Have to admit that I must have skimmed that part of the paragraph before apparently stealing your idea.

Mike
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:35 pm

Programs: SSSSS
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Copspeak. Belligerent (or even belligerant) isn't accurate either, contentious maybe. And I am damn sure he did not "advise" her to put the phone away.SAT ? Really ?
From scribed.com so I assume it's unabridged.
Dallas we've all been to, this meeting has never been held in San Antonio, but there is another group that holds a very well respected conference there in December each year. Nashville was sort of ideal because it was easy to get to, and midway between most of the conferees. It's out, so we fall back to secondary places and more of the committee is from TX than from other places.

Originally Posted by T-the-B
May I suggest that you copy the Tennessean newspaper on your correspondence? It would help if the Nashville merchants, who depend very much on the tourist and convention trade, were to realize just how much TSA and the BNA airport police can cost them.
I'll put it on the table. This group is not a very high profile political group, although the video posted changed that yesterday.

Originally Posted by Mientree
That would only be a misdemeanor charge - read two paragraphs down for the felony charge.
Part d is interesting indeed. It appears, based on the video, that SgtScott31's protege could also be civilly liable under this statute.

As TSORon noted, audio would be extremely helpful, but since Officer Nelson elected to further violate the parties by apparently commanding her to not record, there is no audio record. Absent an audio record, and the prima facie presumption of innocence, I suspect it will come down to she said, he said, plus the video which speaks for itself and Officer Nelson's report which also speaks for itself, recording the fact that Mrs. Abbott did not want her daughter physically assaulted (in less eloquent but more accurate terms, of course), when the video reflects precisely that fear coming to fruition.

This may be the first time in the history of the TSA that the airport recorders worked as they should.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:15 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by greentips

Part d is interesting indeed. It appears, based on the video, that SgtScott31's protege could also be civilly liable under this statute.

As TSORon noted, audio would be extremely helpful, but since Officer Nelson elected to further violate the parties by apparently commanding her to not record, there is no audio record. Absent an audio record, and the prima facie presumption of innocence, I suspect it will come down to she said, he said, plus the video which speaks for itself and Officer Nelson's report which also speaks for itself, recording the fact that Mrs. Abbott did not want her daughter physically assaulted (in less eloquent but more accurate terms, of course), when the video reflects precisely that fear coming to fruition.

This may be the first time in the history of the TSA that the airport recorders worked as they should.
Ms. Abbott's clear mistake was not leaving the device on; there's countless recordings of people "putting a recorder away" while leaving it on and getting some nice statements that led to LEO termination, civil verdicts, and in some cases criminal charges.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Okay okay

We all know full well pax who are subjected to the dreaded pat down are not allowed to retrieve their belongings before their molesting. Andrea had her stuff already so the command to get the groping had to be retaliation that she objected to her daughter being molested by Large Marge.

I hope she sues the absolute dog piss out of the TSA and the Nashville Po Po.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 10:06 am

Yet another TS&S thread that brings me to outrage overload. I don't know why I keep coming back. It is clear to any rational, clear thinking, freedom loving, individual that:
1. The TSA is evil and nearly equivalent to the STASI.
2. The majority of TSOs are brutish, power craving, sadistic, sexually deviant thugs.
3. The police will more often than not aid the TSA in stomping on the rights privileges that we derive not only from the unambiguous principles of the US constitution, but merely from being human beings. The police and TSOs share the same fascist, bullying mindset.
4. The US now has less travel freedom than any country in the world and has already become, at least to some extent, a police state. And things can only get worse as security, or even its illusion, continues to trump freedom in every aspect of our lives.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by gojirasan
Yet another TS&S thread that brings me to outrage overload. I don't know why I keep coming back.
As MVH once said, "I cannot look, but I cannot turn away!"

Mike
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:56 pm

Programs: none, I don't have money to travel
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I ran this photo from the front page through Photoshop and used Medhi Shampoo filter to clear the JPEG artifacts up and I used xero Clarity to sharpen it a bit more. It does look like the agent is grabbing at the crotch.

I also blew it up and used the same filters.

I should work on it and see if I can brighten it up or something to make it more clearer.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Sorority Luchesi
I ran this photo from the front page through Photoshop and used Medhi Shampoo filter to clear the JPEG artifacts up and I used xero Clarity to sharpen it a bit more. It does look like the agent is grabbing at the crotch.

I also blew it up and used the same filters.

I should work on it and see if I can brighten it up or something to make it more clearer.
Perhaps she just peed herself after drinking a quart of light blue dye.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pesky Monkey
Triamterene HCTZ will do it.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by Pesky Monkey
the screen captures and the video clearly show signifcant genital contact. TSORon says this is "by the book". yet all of these TSA people, Bart, SATTSO, TSORon, HTV_Dean, and GSLTSO all claim there is no genital contact in the standard opt out rubdown (which the call a "pat" down with no patting, just rubbing). why won't they just tell the truth?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by nachtnebel
the screen captures and the video clearly show signifcant genital contact. TSORon says this is "by the book". yet all of these TSA people, Bart, SATTSO, TSORon, HTV_Dean, and GSLTSO all claim there is no genital contact in the standard opt out rubdown (which the call a "pat" down with no patting, just rubbing). why won't they just tell the truth?
Maybe because "Our standard patdown will include significant genital contact, so please prepare your fifteen year-old daughters accordingly" doesn't exactly fill airplane seats like "Heck, no, we don't touch your hoo-ha?"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.