Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Why Don't They Screen Everyone if Safety is So Important?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2011, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

I have a question. If safety is so important, why don't they screen EVERYONE at the airport with the NOS and/or pat-down? Every passenger, every airport worker ALL the time, every time they cross into the sterile area. If the TSA wants to TRY to prevent another 9/11, why take the chance that someone bad might slip through the "random" NOS/pat-down screening? I guess it would take more work but seriously, when I walk through security, I see TSO's standing there, no offense. I'm not trying to cause trouble but if the sheeple insist on "security", then they should demand that the TSA take no chances and screen everyone.

BTW - no government agency can prevent all bad things from happening in our country. Sorry to burst your bubble but it's just not humanly possible. If someone young like me can figure this out, why does everyone older than me need to live in fear? Just enjoy your life and live free!!

Last edited by average_passenger; Jul 15, 2011 at 2:16 pm
Old Jul 15, 2011, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by average_passenger
I have a question. If safety is so important, why don't they screen EVERYONE at the airport with the NOS and/or pat-down? Every passenger, every airport worker ALL the time, every time they cross into the sterile area. If the TSA wants to TRY to prevent another 9/11, why take the chance that someone bad might slip through the "random" NOS/pat-down screening? I guess it would take more work but seriously, when I walk through security, I see TSO's standing there, no offense. I'm not trying to cause trouble but if the sheeple insist on "security", then they should demand that the TSA take no chances and screen everyone.

BTW - no government agency can prevent all bad things from happening in our country. Sorry to burst your bubble but it's just not humanly possible. If someone young like me can figure this out, why does everyone older than me need to live in fear? Just enjoy your life and live free!!
I agree, but I encourage you to ask this question pointedly to your elected officials. We're happy to offer feedback but in order to effect change, it's Congress that needs to hear these questions asked again and again and again.

Also, go here for more help and advice on drafting letters to your elected officials.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: One Pass Gold, Delta Medallion , Avis, Hertz, Budget, most hotels
True. If you want change it has be with you vote at the ballot box and with your wallet. Nothing will change if everyone goes along with this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.