Original Poster

Donald Rumsfeld given patdown by TSA

Epic Win for the TSA

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/13/donald...n-bomb-weapon/
Old Jul 13, 2011, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by ladammed
I think it means he doesn't trust the safety of the NOS.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
<cynical view>

Staged events considering the recent bad play that TSA has been getting in the media for their over-zealous patdowns

</cynical view>
Old Jul 13, 2011, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by SQ421
<cynical view>

Staged events considering the recent bad play that TSA has been getting in the media for their over-zealous patdowns

</cynical view>
You think this was staged?

Hmmm many here have post that the powers-that-be would never put up for our screening processes if they had to go through screening. Yet, from the article, he didn't appear to be upset. Atcually, the reporter seemed more upset about it than he.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: United Airlines 1K MM, Hilton Honors Gold
Seriously??? The outrageous amount of taxpayer dollars are being spent to make sure that Donald Rumsfeld is not a threat to an airplane?

You have got to be kidding me.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by DAL4550
Seriously??? The outrageous amount of taxpayer dollars are being spent to make sure that Donald Rumsfeld is not a threat to an airplane?

You have got to be kidding me.
The picture is pure propaganda. "See Donald Rumsfield knows how important it is to undestand that there is a terrorist in every airport and on every plane, no one is exempt"

Of course, the source is TMZ, which isn't known for the best reporting or even truthful reporting either.

Take it with a grain of salt at this point.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by LeapingFrogs
The picture is pure propaganda. "See Donald Rumsfield knows how important it is to undestand that there is a terrorist in every airport and on every plane, no one is exempt".
Doubt it. If the DHS wanted to send a "message" I think they would have chosen a better outlet or outlets than TMZ.

Disclaimer: granddaughter #2 makes me watch it .
Old Jul 13, 2011, 9:51 pm

No, this would be a case where someone directed Rumsfield to go to the airport to get molested in the hopes that someone would take a picture and send it to some news outlet. Social engineering at its finest.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:58 pm

Programs: United Airlines 1K MM, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by LeapingFrogs
The picture is pure propaganda. "See Donald Rumsfield knows how important it is to undestand that there is a terrorist in every airport and on every plane, no one is exempt"

Of course, the source is TMZ, which isn't known for the best reporting or even truthful reporting either.

Take it with a grain of salt at this point.
Heh, I hope he got the grope because he 'opted out".
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:13 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Unless Rummy alarmed or opted out*, there is no frigging reason for him to undergo a secondary patdown and this would be probably the only reason for a pax to state DYKWIA. C'mon, TSA...think about it....giving the former SecDef a secondary? sheesh

*Unless he opted out because he knows not to go thru the NoS that is
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:35 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SATTSO
Hmmm many here have post that the powers-that-be would never put up for our screening processes if they had to go through screening. Yet, from the article, he didn't appear to be upset. Atcually, the reporter seemed more upset about it than he.
It's TMZ-- they just take photos when clebs or semi-celebs go through checkpoints. I don't think the reporter was 'upset' as much as making light of the 'story'.

Originally Posted by goalie
Unless Rummy alarmed or opted out*, there is no frigging reason for him to undergo a secondary patdown and this would be probably the only reason for a pax to state DYKWIA. C'mon, TSA...think about it....giving the former SecDef a secondary? sheesh
It seems more likely that he alarmed or opted out than that he was given a secondary. As far as being all smiles, he knows in detail (and took part in) the torture of people in the name of the war on terror; perhaps he doesn't care about a patdown since he knows what our government is actually capable of and this pales in comparision for him.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Puppy Post Material

TMZ handed Blogdad Bob Puppy Post material on a silver platter. You can bet your mortgage that this will be the subject of Friday's post rather than the atrocity in BWI about checkpoint photography.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 6:15 pm

Rumsfeld gets stopped by TSA at airport

Not even the former Defense Secratary whose administration foisted the homeland security department on the unwilling is immune to their scrutiny.

http://tinyurl.com/66oqycu
Old Jul 14, 2011, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I'm kind of surprised that the photographer didn't get told that photography isn't allowed at the checkpoint.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by SATTSO
You think this was staged?

Look at the bright side, it would be the first terrorist your agency has ever stopped.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.