Jesse "The Body" Ventura sues DHS, TSA

Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Jesse "The Body" Ventura sues DHS, TSA

Ventura Sues DHS, TSA Over Body Scans, Pat-Downs:

Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura is suing the Department of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration, saying full-body scans and pat-downs at airport checkpoints are violating his rights.

Ventura filed his lawsuit Monday in federal court in Minnesota. He says the new security measures violate his right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures.

Hip replacement surgery apparently is a factor in his TSA harassment -- "the body" just isn't what it used to be.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
[URL="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/01/24/ventura-sues-dhs-tsa-over-body-scans-pat-downs/"]Ventura Sues DHS, TSA Over Body Scans, Pat-Downs
But his mouth is still in working order. This might have the potential of catching some headlines down the road. Not sure it's enough to reach a tipping point, but it could help.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by LessO2
But his mouth is still in working order. This might have the potential of catching some headlines down the road. Not sure it's enough to reach a tipping point, but it could help.
His mouth always worked extraordinarily well.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL-PM, Small Luxury Hotels & Proud Member of TSA Disparager-Gold
He was one of the rare governors who actually accomplished a few things without interference from partisan politics, so I'm rooting for him to be successful against DHS & TSA...
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: United Airlines 1K MM, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by FetePerfection
He was one of the rare governors who actually accomplished a few things without interference from partisan politics, so I'm rooting for him to be successful against DHS & TSA...
I agree. Go Jesse!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
This is one case where Jesse Ventura's tenacity and rather loud mouth amy make it better for all of us. He is relentless and has resources that most of us could only hope for. I wish him all the best with this. He is one person I would want on my side if I was fighting the government.

His Conspiracy Theory program is a hoot. Some of the subjects he covers make me wonder if what he is saying could possibly be true. He does bring way too much sensationalism to his subjects though. Sometimes he just looks like a plain old fruitcake.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:36 pm

This is Good News

It's hard for the media to ignore Jesse Ventura.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:51 pm

I totally thought this was going to be about Heidi Klum . That wouldn't make much sense, but it would be awesome for publicity...
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Go Jesse!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Jesse's court filing
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Every little thing that raises the noise level against TSA practices is a positive.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold (former Platinum), SPG Gold, SWA, UA, National Car, TSA Disparager Silver
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Every little thing that raises the noise level against TSA practices is a positive.
Sorry, the old Police fan in me expected your last word to be "magic" rather than "positive" !

Agreed on the benefit of highly visible challenges to the TSA!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
I agree.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Ventura Sues DHS, TSA Over Body Scans, Pat-Downs:

Hip replacement surgery apparently is a factor in his TSA harassment -- "the body" just isn't what it used to be.
This quote in that story just kills me:

"He says officials used to scan him with a wand as a secondary security measure, but now, he’s subjected to full-body scans and pat-downs that he says are invasive."

Oh really. Why don't you detail the ball and cue stick rattling that goes on? Let your readers decide if it is invasive or not. You can't print in a newspaper what those TSA clowns are doing. It is that bad. "He says" my *ss.

Go Jesse!

Last edited by nachtnebel; Jan 24, 2011 at 10:35 pm Reason: moral support for our gov
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Go Jesse!
Yeah, you got that right, dudes! Jesse is suing against TSA and TSA is an inappropriate for the behaviors to touching him. TSA can't do that to put him into body scanners. They will eventually to firing from TSA out of MSP immediately. Minnesota governors will have forced all TSA agency out of airports.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.