Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Menstruation Arouses TSA Suspicion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by zitsky
If the TSA decided on cavity searches for everyone, would some people stand up and defend TSA as "protecting our safety"?
Sadly, I believe some would.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:44 pm

yes, they would.

with these new security measures in place, swallowing explosives in condoms, and shoving WMD devices up body cavities will become the next trend...
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by gojirasan
I'm sort of wondering why she is wearing it at all. I have my suspicions, but I'm not really sure. And if I'm wondering then maybe a TSO who doesn't use them might wonder as well. Sort of a comment on the TSOs being overly suspicious and nosy about everythiing.
Viewed through that lens, I take your point. I just find it implausible a woman screener would be overly suspicious about meeting resistance with a pad.

Originally Posted by tanja
Not everybody uses a tampong. A lot of women, especially over 30 wears a pad.
Not to be pedantic but many women under 30 use pads. Culture and personal comfort dictate usage rather than mere age.

Last edited by essxjay; Nov 25, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Old Nov 25, 2010, 4:00 pm

If the TSA decided on cavity searches for everyone, would some people stand up and defend TSA as "protecting our safety"?
Not just would they defend the practice, they would threaten those who objected with their 45's and the Stasi, I mean TSA, would commend them for it.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 4:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Isn't it incredible that here we are in 2010, arguing about panty liners, menstruation and security? Doesn't this strike people as so incredibly bizarre? Would a time traveler from 2002 even believe that this is happening?
In 2002, yeah, I probably would've been incredulous. But after a secondary screening in January 2003 around my breasts and up my legs, my credulity threshold was forever altered.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:02 pm

I am absolutely freaking out about this - I have never been this scared of flying before (of course, it's not the flight itself that worries me). I was already very very anxious about the new security procedures as I can't bear to be touched, but I've now realised I'm going to be on my period when I next fly.

If I wear a regular pad, am I likely to have to suffer the deeply disturbing 'pat down', and will they go even further and make me remove it? (Sorry to be graphic, but really, how can you just remove it like that if you have a heavy period and your spares are in your hand luggage which you're prevented from reaching?)
I have just read this: http://www.aclu.org/passengers-stories-recent-travel/ and number 22 on here is really awful.

I prefer wearing pads, but if it saves embarrassment, humiliation and means I am less likely to be touched, I would wear a tampon - or will this also show up on the scanner? Would it be worth trying to find medication to delay my period? I DO NOT agree with having to do this but will do anything to get out of having my genitals touched (I'm the kind of person who's never even had a medical examination as I hate it that much). Unfortunately I can't drive to my destination.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Yes, they would.

I know people who believe that their lives are so precious and important that facing any risk on an airplane would put humanity at risk. I actually had someone at work say, "What if I am the person who will discover the cure for cancer next year, but I am blown up on a plane?"

Then, he went outside and had a smoke.

Never underestimate the ego that some people have that they are precious little snowflakes that must never face risk at any cost. Well, risk on an airliner.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Millions in the US alone, I'd say.

History will look back at this and weep.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:47 pm

The thing is the idea that full cavity searches were even a remote possibility would have been laughable years ago. Now I would not be surprised in the least if it were implemented would you? And I'm being serious here. I'm actually surprised that actual strip searches are not being conducted yet.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by essxjay
Viewed through that lens, I take your point. I just find it implausible a woman screener would be overly suspicious about meeting resistance with a pad.

Not to be pedantic but many women under 30 use pads. Culture and personal comfort dictate usage rather than mere age.
Of cause yes. Even tough a lot of younger females before they have kids prefere tampons.

The reply was more like why would poepl care what kind of pretection any women uses?
I just think the whole thing sounds so weird. And to brought up about air travel security !
Nuts! Crazzy!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by halls120
Come on, now. Why do you continue posting these traitorous posts? Don't you understand that TSO's are more American than the rest of us, and their actions should never be questioned?
LOL
^
Old Nov 25, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Yes, and maybe "they" would opt out of flying and get their names on a temporary no-fly list, and have a good "excuse" to ask the airline to issue a waiver to rebook their nonrefundable plane tickets.

The security check-in lines will be shorter and move quicker, thus safer ?? Plus, the TSA clerk wouldn't have to worry about dealing with red bags, infection control things, changing gloves & proper handwash since they won't be inspecting the item in question as possible chemical hazard (bloodborne pathogen)

Just read on CNN that TSA spend 8 months quietly training & refining their enhanced patdown screening protocols and they must've missed this in their instruction manual, section 2.8.c.45. subpart 8x

Ahh, what a bunch of turkeys .....
Old Nov 25, 2010, 6:03 pm

Actually the lines would be fewer as airlines go out of business.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 6:03 pm

I think we should stop using any barriers during our periods while flying and see how long airlines like us staining their seats...

Seriously, this is absolutely wrong. If this happens to me next week, I WILL NOT shut up about it. You want to know how many connections I have to the news media at both my airport cities? Find out, TSA!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 6:11 pm

I'd love to hear the Einstein who instituted this explain how some woman terrorist is going to blow up a plane with a bomb in her panty liner. Such morons!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.