Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ACLU quesitioning enhanced patdowns

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:30 am

I am really tempted to say in a loud voice, "I hope you enjoyed cupping my balls" as I leave the area, should I be so groped ...
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fendertweed
I am really tempted to say in a loud voice, "I hope you enjoyed cupping my balls" as I leave the area, should I be so groped ...
And so you should.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by red456
And so you should.
Humiliate them & embarass them as much as possible w/o getting arrested for disorderly conduct. There is no reason to take this abuse passively.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Or..."I hope you enjoyed cupping my balls as much as I did. See you later..."
Old Sep 8, 2010, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Don't forget to also say, "Call me, I'm looking forward to next time "
Old Sep 9, 2010, 12:09 am

Unhappy

Wow, I am really nervous about this. So far, I haven't been chosen for the machine and so haven't had to opt out, but clearly it is coming. I have never had anyone other than my husband or a medical professional touch me in my private areas, and the thought of this makes me physically ill. Couldn't someone opt out of the groping for religious reasons? What would happen if you told the screener, "Yes, you can touch my privates, but as soon as you do, I will scream, I will call the police, I will charge you with sexual assault, and I will file suit with my attorney and the ACLU". What would they say? If they ask whether you want to fly today, could that not be considered duress? If one were to actually contact the ACLU, would they take on the case?

No women have actually commented to say what the actual groping involved. I would like to hear about that if any women have been through it. Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by sunnyjl
What would happen if you told the screener, "Yes, you can touch my privates, but as soon as you do, I will scream, I will call the police, I will charge you with sexual assault, and I will file suit with my attorney and the ACLU". What would they say? If they ask whether you want to fly today, could that not be considered duress? If one were to actually contact the ACLU, would they take on the case?
Good questions, although I would rephrase it as "No, you may NOT touch my privates, IF you do..."

It needs someone to be brave enough to try. Just buy a $49 Southwest ticket with no intention of actually flying and act out the scenario. See what they do or say.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 7:51 am
Suspended

Wow, I am really nervous about this. So far, I haven't been chosen for the machine and so haven't had to opt out, but clearly it is coming. I have never had anyone other than my husband or a medical professional touch me in my private areas, and the thought of this makes me physically ill. Couldn't someone opt out of the groping for religious reasons? What would happen if you told the screener, "Yes, you can touch my privates, but as soon as you do, I will scream, I will call the police, I will charge you with sexual assault, and I will file suit with my attorney and the ACLU". What would they say? If they ask whether you want to fly today, could that not be considered duress? If one were to actually contact the ACLU, would they take on the case?

No women have actually commented to say what the actual groping involved. I would like to hear about that if any women have been through it. Thanks.
This from the comments section of the article in the NY Times of yesterday:

As a frequent flyer, I knew a pat down was the alternative, but I was not expecting the offensive, invasive procedure that resulted, involving extensive exploration of the contours of my breasts and repeated (and painful) probing of my genitals. To cap off the experience, two 2 idle male TSA agents and a male police officer lounging a few feet away exchanged snickers while not once tearing their eyes from the spectacle.
Also, I believe a couple of female members of FT have described their gropes, but I can't find them.

Several people have mentioned other screeners watching the gropes, leering and snickering. This is probably the most offensive part of the whole procedure to me.

There is nothing at all "professional" about the TSA.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats

They might, but the odds are against it in any one case. The ACLU has been collecting reports on TSA checkpoint abuses for several years. They pick their battles very carefully and undoubtedly are waiting for the right case(s) to come along.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:16 am

If I am going to be treated like a common criminal, I would prefer to have a weapons search performed by a LEO. Has anyone requested this when a TSA employee wants to do a "pat down?" What was the response?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by CPT Trips
If I am going to be treated like a common criminal, I would prefer to have a weapons search performed by a LEO. Has anyone requested this when a TSA employee wants to do a "pat down?" What was the response?
I wouldn't be surprised if they said "Do you want to fly today"
Old Sep 9, 2010, 12:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
The one and only groping I've had was in 2003 at PDX, long before this latest round of enhanced nonsense was rolled out and even before the 'back of the hand' standard we've had for most of the post-9/11 era. It's the only example of front of the hand screening I can offer. FWIW, here 'tis:

If you've ever worn an underwire bra then you understand how far up both sides of the cup the support wires can extend and exactly where that comes into contact with your body. If the current procedure includes what I faced, the experience of having fingers probing along the wires (from armpit to sternum) means there's almost no way to avoid touching the surrounding tissue to some extent. Having only ever allowed medical professionals and lovers to touch me in those places the experience was shocking in its invasiveness, leaving me thoroughly grossed out and infuriated. For a government actor to assert such rights over another's body without sufficient cause is as psychically wrong as physically. Just. Plain. Wrong.

As for below the waist private area screening, I haven't faced it stateside. Like so many others passing through FRA I've had the wand up the thighs experience along with a lesser chest exam several times. The whole performance is quicker and somewhat less infuriating since it's so cold and pro forma. Certainly there's never been any snickering or leering from those on the sidelines whose duty it is to serve and protect.

Never again will I consent to a front of the hand search. Someone has to stand up to airport thuggery and indecency and it may as well be me who says 'enough of this f***ery'. Being self-employed and childless I have no one to answer to for my whereabouts. I'm mentally prepared to abandon my flight plans and will find another way home, even if means days of delay.

Last edited by essxjay; Sep 9, 2010 at 12:35 pm
Old Sep 9, 2010, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by essxjay

As for below the waist private area screening, I haven't faced it stateside. Like so many others passing through FRA I've had the wand up the thighs experience along with a lesser chest exam several times. The whole performance is quicker and somewhat less infuriating since it's so cold and pro forma. Certainly there's never been any snickering or leering from those on the sidelines whose duty it is to serve and protect.
And that is my big difference in Asia too; professional and simple. But the wanding up into the crotch simply because one is wearing a skirt that one experiences from TSA is not professional. I cannot imagine the genital groping that is now occuring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.