Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Ink [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by Happy
Husband received the targeted Classic - I dont see why it is targeted when it is available to the public via above link.

The Ink Bold directly competes against AMEX PLAT business card but does not offer the $200 travel credit. Though the Priority Club lounge pass probably is more useful than the PLAT.

Interesting is, the 25K on Ink Classic is earned via first purchase, versus the 50K on Ink Bold is earned via 3K spent... Seems to me the Classic actually a better deal for low to moderate spender as long as you also have a Sapphire Preferred as one can freely transfer UR pts among different cards.
I've got the Sapphire Preferred card with the 50K bonus. Received the Ink Classic biz card 40K (targeted?) offer in the mail.

So I could transfer the Ink Classic points to the Sapphire Preferred account? I agree that the "first purchase" vs 3K spend is a big draw when I have other spending to work on.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:35 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Originally Posted by MJLouise
I've got the Sapphire Preferred card with the 50K bonus. Received the Ink Classic biz card 40K (targeted?) offer in the mail.

So I could transfer the Ink Classic points to the Sapphire Preferred account? I agree that the "first purchase" vs 3K spend is a big draw when I have other spending to work on.
Yes you can pool UR points together. There is also a 50K offer for Ink Bold requiring spending $5K within 3 months.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
40K and no min. spend

Just received a 40K points offer in the mail for the INK CLASSIC card with no minimum spend and no annual fee. Has anyone seen a better offer with no min. spend?

I have the Chase Sapphire Pref. so I can combine the 40K with my existing UR points, right?

This card has Priority Pass membership with first 2 visits free.

I just received the Chase Marriott card a week ago so I'll probably wait until mid-Dec. to apply for this one.

Last edited by philemer; Nov 8, 2011 at 1:15 pm
Old Nov 8, 2011, 5:36 pm

Yes, you can combine Ultimate Rewards points between different accounts, they do not even have to be yours. You can also transfer Ultimate Rewards points from separate accounts to the same partner account, such as United or Hyatt.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL FO
Thinking of applying for the Ink Bold for the 50k. What documentation does Chase ask for when opening a business account? Is it a pain to apply as a sole prop with just your SS#?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by TTBHG
Thinking of applying for the Ink Bold for the 50k. What documentation does Chase ask for when opening a business account? Is it a pain to apply as a sole prop with just your SS#?
No pain. They probably won't challenge you. Use your SS#. I always do.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: DL FO
Nice. Thank you.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:35 pm

So, I read a blog entry somewhere that said the Chase Freedom and the Ink Bold get bonuses if the cardholder also is a chase checking account holder, pursuant to something called "Chase Exclusives."

We recently received the Ink Bold pursuant to the 50k offer and, since I happen to have a Chase checking account, I called to have them linked and make sure I'm eligible for Chase Exclusives. The hope was to get them linked so I'd be eligible for the bonus before starting my spend. I was told on the phone that in order to qualify, I need the "Chase Ink Bold Exclusive," which I've never heard of and can't seem to find much about.

Anyone have any luck getting a bonus with Ink Bold and chase checking?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by lkar
So, I read a blog entry somewhere that said the Chase Freedom and the Ink Bold get bonuses if the cardholder also is a chase checking account holder, pursuant to something called "Chase Exclusives."

We recently received the Ink Bold pursuant to the 50k offer and, since I happen to have a Chase checking account, I called to have them linked and make sure I'm eligible for Chase Exclusives. The hope was to get them linked so I'd be eligible for the bonus before starting my spend. I was told on the phone that in order to qualify, I need the "Chase Ink Bold Exclusive," which I've never heard of and can't seem to find much about.

Anyone have any luck getting a bonus with Ink Bold and chase checking?
I have the Chase Ink Bold Exclusive and chase biz checking. I had applied for the chase ink bold 8-9 months ago for the signup bonus (already had the Sapphire preferred). I didn't know about the exclusives. A few months later, I got a letter stating "Congratulations! Your Ink Bold card has been upgraded to Ink Bold with Exclusive Benefits for Chase Checking Account Customers". The details specifiy that I get 20% more points for having a Chase checking account and "waived monthly service fees on eligible Chase checking account when linked with your active Ink bold card". The fine print refers to certain business checking accounts that qualify.

Is your checking account a business account?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
Is your checking account a business account?
Yup. I guess I don't want to try to force an upgrade before I do my $5k spend, in case it messes with the bonus.

Is it the same physical card, or did you get a new card?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by lkar
Yup. I guess I don't want to try to force an upgrade before I do my $5k spend, in case it messes with the bonus.

Is it the same physical card, or did you get a new card?
I requested a replacement card recently and the only change is "Business Bold" under the Chase logo is replaced with "Business Exclusives". "Bold" is now listed below the "Ink" logo.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
INK BOLD

Has anyone noticed that the benefits of the Ink BOLD might have changed? It had the tiered bonuses (7.5k for $25k, 15k for another $25K, and 25k for another $50k). I do not see that benefit listed on chase.com anymore and I have noticed they took the wording out of my most recent statement that just dropped the other day and my previous ones all mention the bonuses. With this new statement the first 7,500 point bonus should have posted as I passed the first $25k, but it did not. I sent a SM to Chase to ask whats going on, will report back.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:47 pm

I applied today and I got approved for the Ink Bold with a 30k spend limit. Rep told me i get the the bonus points for tiers of spending. I just got the sapphire last week. I have held a Chase Ink for a year.

The 6 month thing is a myth at least in regards to personal and biz.

Last edited by deepwater; Nov 26, 2011 at 7:35 pm
Old Nov 26, 2011, 5:13 pm

Apparently they did change the benefits of the ink bold. No more yearly bonuses. I was planning on applying for the bold for 47500 yearly bonus if you use 100k
Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by millere2
Has anyone noticed that the benefits of the Ink BOLD might have changed?,,,
Originally Posted by trikotret
...No more yearly bonuses....
Discussion in progress:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ction-fee.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.