Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Sapphire Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by whynotgo
If you do not get an immediate decision, how long did it take you to get a decision?
I applied 7/13 over the phone and called the number you provided a few minutes ago to learn that I was approved and should receive my card in 7-10 days.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:57 am

I heard this card does not have a number printed on the front... This is what my local bank said.

Very weird and does not sound right...
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:21 am

Mine has a number.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 4:34 pm

Programs: OP, SPG, Amex MR
Onepass mileage credit?

Does anybody know how long the initial bonus points take to transfer? I hold the preferred version of the card. I applied under the 25K bonus miles after first purchase. I got my points, called up Chase and gave them my wife's OP account number for them to transfer the points. It has been 3 days since they initiated the transfer (by Chase). How long does it take for the miles to show up on the OP account? (Note: I am transferring my points to my wife's account, I hope that was ok as the Chase guy never asked for the name on the OP account). Thanks for your reply.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:02 am

Update on the points transfer: It hit my OP account in 7 calendar days.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 12:19 pm

I have decided to cancel my recently-opened Saphire card (which I did not need or want, other than for the initial 25,000 points). Any chance if I do that Chase will cancel my other Chase credit cards? I would not want that to happen.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Chamor
I have decided to cancel my recently-opened Saphire card (which I did not need or want, other than for the initial 25,000 points). Any chance if I do that Chase will cancel my other Chase credit cards? I would not want that to happen.
while i don't know what their stance is on their own rewards points program, but in the past with their United cards, if closed within 6 months there's been cases where they took back the bonus miles from UA account. I'm guessing it'd be even easier for them to take back the 25,000 points (even if already spent) since it's their own program.
why not just leave it in a drawer for a few more months?...
Old Aug 24, 2009, 2:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Could someone who actually has the card please verify the complete list of 1:1 transfer partner airline and hotel programs? I have read the original press release, and I have read speculation that the list would be expanded, but I have missed seeing a first hand list.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Could someone who actually has the card please verify the complete list of 1:1 transfer partner airline and hotel programs? I have read the original press release, and I have read speculation that the list would be expanded, but I have missed seeing a first hand list.
1. Continental (1:1) or 10,000 pts per Continental Certificate for $100 Off the Purchase of Any Ticket of $299 or More or 2500 points will buy you a one day pass to Presidents Club.
2. British Airways (1:1)
3. Mariott (1:1) or 2500 points will get you $25 certificate, $50-5000 points and $100-10000 points
4. IHG (1:1)

Rental Cars: Avis, Hertz, Budget at 2500 points for $25 off certificate.

Chase also lets you buy ultimate reward points at 2.5c/point in 1000 point increments for a maximum of 5000 points per calendar month.

Last edited by smcgrath12; Aug 24, 2009 at 4:51 pm
Old Aug 24, 2009, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by smcgrath12
Update on the points transfer: It hit my OP account in 7 calendar days.
Doing it online takes only 1 day ^
Old Aug 25, 2009, 8:28 am
mia

Originally Posted by smcgrath12
1. Continental (1:1)
2. British Airways (1:1)
3. Marriott (1:1)
4. IHG (1:1)
If there are no transfers to UA (or WN) there doesn't seem to be any reason to choose this over American Express Membership Rewards, aside from wider card acceptance, unless the Marriott transfers are very important.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
If there are no transfers to UA (or WN) there doesn't seem to be any reason to choose this over American Express Membership Rewards, aside from wider card acceptance, unless the Marriott transfers are very important.
It seems there is no good card to have the UA transfer ability at acceptable rate. The SPG card has a terrible ratio of 2:1.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 9:31 am
mia

Originally Posted by Happy
It seems there is no good card to have the UA transfer ability at acceptable rate.
In message 56 there was a report of a Chase CSR stating that UA and WN would be transfer partners. I have seen other postings in which people have assumed that all Chase affinity partner airlines would be included. Inasmuch as Chase is the issuer of the Mileage Plus VISA it seems they missed an opportunity to endow Ultimate Rewards with unique redemption flexibility, but this still lags far behind SPG, Diners Club Rewards, and American Express Membership Rewards.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 3:42 pm
mia

Chase makes its Sapphire credit card a star

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...FREE/909019970

Marketing deal between Chase and The Travel Channel.

Did you know that Sapphire is Chase's first-ever proprietary rewards card for affluent consumers?
Old Sep 1, 2009, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...FREE/909019970

Marketing deal between Chase and The Travel Channel.

Did you know that Sapphire is Chase's first-ever proprietary rewards card for affluent consumers?
I guess I better apply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.