FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   United Mileage Plus; Now earn 40,000 bonus miles plus 2pts/$ on Gas/Gro/dine (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/932155-united-mileage-plus-now-earn-40-000-bonus-miles-plus-2pts-gas-gro-dine.html)

TravelGuy1965 Mar 14, 2009 2:02 pm

United Mileage Plus; Now earn 40,000 bonus miles plus 2pts/$ on Gas/Gro/dine

Hi,

I keep getting emails over time with offers to sign up for a United Mileage Plus CC. In the past it was 30k points.

I just received one now that is better:

40,000 bonus miles after your first $250 in purchases1
5,000 EQM after your first purchase2
5,000 EQM maximum each year from purchases at united.com2
5,000 EQM after $35,000 in purchases each year2
2 miles per $1 spent on United® and Star Alliance® purchases2
2 miles per $1 spent on groceries, dining, gas at the pump, and home improvement purchases2
1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases2

Anyone else get this and sure the emails are not a scam from someone trying to collect personal information.

Cheers.

nigelloring Mar 14, 2009 2:04 pm

Wow, never seen one as high as 40k.

UA Fan Mar 14, 2009 2:42 pm

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webc...reme&mkid=66DR

TravelGuy1965 Mar 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Thanks for the link. This one still doesn't have the 2pt/$ but it still meets what the previous poster las looking for.

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 11413962)

gv111 Mar 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965 (Post 11413811)
Hi,

I keep getting emails over time with offers to sign up for a United Mileage Plus CC. In the past it was 30k points.

I just received one now that is better:

2 miles per $1 spent on groceries, dining, gas at the pump, and home improvement purchases2

Anyone else get this and sure the emails are not a scam from someone trying to collect personal information.

Cheers.

Do you mind posting the link if you have one? The best offer I have seen yet is 30K miles in first year. TIA.

UA Fan Mar 14, 2009 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965 (Post 11414197)
Thanks for the link. This one still doesn't have the 2pt/$ but it still meets what the previous poster las looking for.

not as good as OP as 20k is given at anniversary.

TravelGuy1965 Mar 14, 2009 11:16 pm

There isn't any link that shows the bonus listing.

The emails does have a code near the bottom that seems to be different on other email offers from united. This one is: MPF219. Its for a Mileage Plus Platinum Class Visa® card.

Thinking on this more it must be legit at it has my actual mile balance in it showing how much it would increase with the bonus points. Sounds like I'll sign up.

I have another email that my wife received for only 30k and it does not include 2 miles per $. It has a code of MPF279 and is for a United Mileage Plus Visa.

Originally Posted by gv111 (Post 11415203)
Do you mind posting the link if you have one? The best offer I have seen yet is 30K miles in first year. TIA.

gv111 Mar 14, 2009 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965 (Post 11415621)
There isn't any link that shows the bonus listing.

The emails does have a code near the bottom that seems to be different on other email offers from united. This one is: MPF219. Its for a Mileage Plus Platinum Class Visa® card.

Thinking on this more it must be legit at it has my actual mile balance in it showing how much it would increase with the bonus points. Sounds like I'll sign up.

I have another email that my wife received for only 30k and it does not include 2 miles per $. It has a code of MPF279 and is for a United Mileage Plus Visa.

So how exactly do you apply for the offer? Do you have to call a phone # or does the email point you to an online application? Can you please elaborate and provide relevant details for others' benefit? I will definitely like to try. In the past I have had some success in applying for offers for which I was not solicited.

freeflyin Mar 15, 2009 10:16 am

Same discussion

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...er-offers.html

One of my family members received this one and the next day another one received the 30K offer.They appear to be the same link and they share an email address,so I am not sure how Chase will differentiate and post correctly if they apply.

I would like to take advantage of the 40K one myself if I could be sure everything would post correctly.Does anyone know of a way to be sure of this?

TravelGuy1965 Mar 15, 2009 10:29 am

There is a button in the email 'Apply Now'. No phone number and I have tried contacting via phone through their normal contact number and can't get to someone who could do it over the phone. I called explained I would like the offer but want to speak to someone to be sure its legit, transferred to fraud dept who then transfered me to an 'offers' line which had a recorded messsage saying something like phone offers aren't any longer available please apply online.

Here's the full details in the email. Looking at it closely, there is a steep annual fee. $140.

For a limited time, you can earn 40,000 bonus miles1 with a new Mileage Plus Platinum Class Visa® card. Plus, earn up to 15,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM)* your first year and 10,000 EQM each year thereafter!2

There is no limit to the number of miles you can earn!2 And, with 40,000 bonus miles, you can redeem for a roundtrip Saver Award within the U.S. and Canada, including Hawaii, or to the Caribbean.3

Terms and conditions:
Accounts subject to credit approval. Restrictions and limitations apply. Annual credit card fee of $140 applies. United Mileage Plus Visa credit cards are issued by Chase Bank USA, N.A.

Please see pricing and terms for complete details about rates, fees, other costs, and the benefits associated with this offer. Additional terms and conditions apply.

1 Bonus miles
2 Earning miles and Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM)
3 United Saver Awards:

United Saver Awards are currently redeemable at 25,000 miles for an Economy Saver Award valid within the 48 contiguous United States (excludes Alaska and Hawaii) and Canada. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. For more information on Mileage Plus award travel visit united.com

(MPF219)

Mileage Plus Visa terms and conditions

Additional Mileage Plus terms and conditions

You are subscribed to receive information and updates from United at [email protected].
Please do not reply to this email. We cannot accept electronic replies to this email address.
To contact the sender, write to: United Airlines Operations Center - WHQPW, 1200 E. Algonquin Rd., Elk Grove Township, Illinois 60007 USA
© 2009 United Air Lines, Inc. All rights reserved

Originally Posted by gv111 (Post 11415659)
So how exactly do you apply for the offer? Do you have to call a phone # or does the email point you to an online application? Can you please elaborate and provide relevant details for others' benefit? I will definitely like to try. In the past I have had some success in applying for offers for which I was not solicited.

itsme Mar 16, 2009 9:26 am

40K is more than I have seen offered before, but do note that there is a $140 annual fee with this card. Also, though I don't see any mention of it in the T&C excerpted below, I expect one doesn't get all these goodies (especially the 5K EQM enrollment bonus) if they have ever received these benefits before with a Chase MP card. If I am wrong about be unable to go back for more now, I'd love to hear it.

Those who have been 1Ks for a while, were able to get the annual fee on this card waived each year as a 1K benefit. Those who are currently 1Ks but didn't get on board when the full waiver was being given, get $60 (or is it $80) knocked off the $140. Others pay full freight.

SYCynthia Apr 6, 2009 5:24 pm

I also receive the same offer.
1) 40K first year bonus and additional 5K EQM.
2) $1/EQM for up to 5000 EQM
3) 5000EQM if spend over $35,000
4) Annual Companion Ticket

However, as a newbie, I wonder if this rewards worth the $140 annual fee which seems pretty steep to me?
Has anyone try the annual companion ticket coupon? Is it convenient to use? Since I was using the Citi Elite pass and the buy one get one free thing was never applicable to me.

Thank you very much

SeattleFlyerGuy Apr 6, 2009 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by SYCynthia (Post 11538383)
Is it convenient to use? Since I was using the Citi Elite pass and the buy one get one free thing was never applicable to me.

It was applicable if you wanted to spend 3x the normal discounted Y to get the "free ticket".

cheapgambler Apr 9, 2009 6:04 am

Im looking for the best United mileage plus card for my sister that doesnt charge a fee for the first year. We are looking to get the most miles for her. Can someone advise.

biggestbopper Apr 9, 2009 10:11 am

Originally Posted by SYCynthia (Post 11538383)
Has anyone try the annual companion ticket coupon?

I have gotten many of these twofers over the years and found them to be pretty much useless. :td: If you can use them, the savings are much less than touted.

These days, I don't even consider them in looking at offers.