United Mileage Plus Visa: 21,000 miles + Bose QC2 Headphones Sign-up Bonus

Subscribe
Last week we received an offer for a United Mileage Plus Visa, with a sign-up bonus that included 21,000 miles and a pair of Bose QC 2 headphones, after the first purchase with the card. The annual fee of $60 does apply; but, for a $299 pair of headphones, it seems like a small price.

The problem? The offer was addressed to my 8 year-old! They have sent him several offers for their Visa, but this is the best one yet...
Assume paper, not email, no link available?
i think that this is just the offer i was waiting for! a cookie for the link.
I just received an offer in the mail for the Mileage Plus Visa Card (with a unique looking invitation number and offer code):

50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase
one $25 Travel Certificate
one one-way 1,000 miles one-class upgrade certificate
$60 annual fee

I get United offers in the mail all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen a card offer with this many bonus miles.

The only problem is that I had one of these cards a couple of years ago, and the fine print says that the "offer is valid only for first-time United Mileage Plus Visa cardmembers with new accounts".

Does anyone have any experience of applying for these bonus offers when you previously had a card/account? Do they really check whether you've been a cardholder and deny you the promotion?
Quote: I just received an offer in the mail for the Mileage Plus Visa Card (with a unique looking invitation number and offer code):

50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase
one $25 Travel Certificate
one one-way 1,000 miles one-class upgrade certificate
$60 annual fee

I get United offers in the mail all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen a card offer with this many bonus miles.

The only problem is that I had one of these cards a couple of years ago, and the fine print says that the "offer is valid only for first-time United Mileage Plus Visa cardmembers with new accounts".

Does anyone have any experience of applying for these bonus offers when you previously had a card/account? Do they really check whether you've been a cardholder and deny you the promotion?
My 24-year-old received one of these and I have been urging her to act upon it before 5/4, when it expires. I have never seen an offer of 50K before. And I'd rather have 50K than 21K + Bose headphones.
Quote: Do they really check whether you've been a cardholder and deny you the promotion?
YES!
Has anyone been approved for this card and then denied the bonus miles? I haven't had the Mileage Plus card in a few years
Does anyone care to share the 50,000 miles promotion code if you're not using it please? Thanks!
Unfortunately, the codes that they send out are non-transferable, since they're linked to the name of the recipient that it is sent to.
*crosses fingers* I hope I get the 50K offer in the mail. I've been holding out for a while now on applying for the MP Visa. This is just what I was looking for!

Halothane
Quote: Assume paper, not email, no link available?
Sorry about the delay getting a response out. Yes, it was a paper offer received in the mail.
Has anyone here ever actually been denied the bonus miles because you had a Mileage Plus Visa some time in the past?
Has anyone here ever actually been denied the bonus miles because you had a Mileage Plus Visa some time in the past?
Quote: Has anyone here ever actually been denied the bonus miles because you had a Mileage Plus Visa some time in the past?
As already posted above and posted elsewhere in the forum, Chase will deny you the bonus, if you had signed up for promotion in the past.
Are we talking about a certain number of month in the past, or ever?

Quote: As already posted above and posted elsewhere in the forum, Chase will deny you the bonus, if you had signed up for promotion in the past.